San Juan early flight 9:45 AM

Our scheduled docking time into San Juan to end a cruise on Adventure of the Seas is 6:00 AM. Can we make a 9:45 AM flight? Thanks!

You can probably make it if everything goes perfectly, but that would be too early for my stress level.

The actual trip to the airport is not very long, but of course you may have delays at baggage or customs, and as clarea mentioned, that stress level may or may not be worth it. Also, I recall an additional step in PR airport for getting a Department of Agriculture check on our bags (2012 , this may or may not still be true... but.....)

There is a quick little blurb on our blog about walking in San Juan if you want to check it out below... :)

You can probably make it if everything goes perfectly, but that would be too early for my stress level.

Agree, traffic in San Juan can be very congested. Personally I wouldn't book a flight before 11:00.

They still have the Agriculture check at the airport, they have made it easier - which was a nice surprise last time I was there. But there could be a long line, then check in line, then security check line.

Those can add up as well as the luggage and customs as said earlier.

I have heard some people are able to do it if you do the self assist and bring your own luggage off the ship.

Our scheduled docking time into San Juan to end a cruise on Adventure of the Seas is 6:00 AM. Can we make a 9:45 AM flight? Thanks!

Just because the ship docks at 6:00AM does not means that passengers will begin disembarkation. That is clearly up to customs and immigration and how long it takes them to clear the ship. It's only about 20-30 min to the airport; however, when I went through San Juan airport it was shear chaos and there were long lines to get through security. Personally I wouldn't chance it. I wouldn't schedule my flight until after 11AM at the earliest. If you are looking at 9:45 because it the cheapest option is because it's the least doable for most cruise ship passengers so they price it lower accordingly. It might be possible to make it if everything goes right; but you'd be cutting it real close for comfort. If you miss that 9:45A flight you have few options later in the day due to the fact most flights are sold out and you either have to standby or fly home the next day.

We did with ease but as Bob stated--everything has to line up right--

Its a risk/reward decision-- Question--how lucky do you feel???

We've done about a 10AM with no problem. We carried our bags off the ship, early to the airport, no one was there, agriculture bag check was easy and security was easy with no one there. We were actually early sitting at our gate.

Compared the year before where we had an afternoon flight, that airport was a crazy zoo with all the people fresh off of cruises, I'd take the early/risky flight next time I'm in San Juan.

I would do it, but only if you can manage to walk off with your luggage.

We booked a 1pm flight, but self-disembarked, and were at the airport by 7:30am. The airport was pretty empty at that hour, so we breezed through and were easily able to get onto a 9:30am flight standby. We were sitting by the gate before 8am.