All Access Tour on Allure

Does anyone booked on the Allure for the Med cruise have the all access tour available in their cruise planner. It's not available on mine so I called Royal and they said it's not available for my sailing. I though I read on hear last week that someone had done the tour in the Med. I'm wondering if it's because were boarding in Rome and have heard because were not at the main port their might be some slight differences with people boarding in Barcelona.

Does anyone booked on the Allure for the Med cruise have the all access tour available in their cruise planner. It's not available on mine so I called Royal and they said it's not available for my sailing. I though I read on hear last week that someone had done the tour in the Med. I'm wondering if it's because were boarding in Rome and have heard because were not at the main port their might be some slight differences with people boarding in Barcelona.

I wanted to book this tour for my DH. Couldn't on their cruise planner. Embarked in Rome. First thing - I went to Shore Excursions (mistake :confused:), they steered me to Guest Relations. There I was told that since we boarded in Rome, they can't sign me up directly in the computer (double :confused:). They took my name, said they'll call me when available. Didn't call though the first day (Thursday - when the tour is on sea day - Saturday), went again on noon Friday, booked it (or so it seemed, the guy was clueless), got a bunch of waivers for DH to sign, was told where he has to turn in the morning (09.20). He went there at the assigned time -- guess what, he wasn't on the list, but since he had the waivers signed, that was the proof that it was their mistake, and he got the tour. It was the highlight of the cruise for him. I understood that there r 3 tours in the morning.

Me thinks :) that you can't book it ahead of time, because all those waivers u have to sign, also long pants and real shoes (not flip-flops).

We did the All Access tour on the Allure when we sailed on the 7th June . We booked it on line about 3 weeks before we sailed.

Speaking to some passengers also on the tour , a couple said they had not seen it on any planners before getting on board.

I don't know why some passengers are able to pre book and some cannot .

I would recommend the tour as it was 3 hours long and was very interesting.

It's like another world below decks ! :)

I will keep checking the cruise planner but if it can only be booked on board it hardly seems fair for those of embarking in Rome. By the time we board the guest embarking in Spain will have had 4 days to book a tour that has a very limited amount of spots so will probably be sold out by the time we board.

I will keep checking the cruise planner but if it can only be booked on board it hardly seems fair for those of embarking in Rome.

I say "don't worry". There was never a question of available spots. It was more a question of incompetency :mad: One of them told me that he has never booked this tour before.... Don't forget that if a couple is booking, that's 300$ :) and it is also a "restricted" tour in terms of physical ability. We were traveling with another couple, and the husband also very much was into it, but he had foot surgery several months before the cruise, and wasn't able to stand on his feet so much (my DH waited almost an hour for the shift change in control room), and to navigate the narrow steps.

Even when DH arrived for his tour and they said he wasn't booked, there was a spot for him.

First thing after boarding, just go and sign up with Guest relations and ask them to print you the waivers....

I just called again and talked to someone from another department and got a bit better information. This person said that it was indeed available just not yet available for booking and it should eventual come up on my cruise planner so keep checking. Said it normally would be available within 60 days of the cruise and we are still 88 days out so will just keep checking the cruise planner.

As for biomedbob and the youtube comment, my question to you is why do you go on vacations? I'm sure most places you visit can be foun on youtube:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

The tour is finally showing up on my cruise planner and I'm now very disappointed. The tour is only available 1 day and it is a port day. Why would they do this? Why not do it on sea day when there is nothing else to do. Especially in on a Med cruise. Who would miss out on the beautiful ports to sea the inside of the ship?