VIFP Membership numbers don't match???

Dizzneefan

I'm sure this has been covered before, but if you do a search that mention VIFP---well, let's just say there are a LOT of threads that make reference to it.

Anyway, I'm sure this may have come up before as I saw someone made reference to it on another thread, but the VIFP number on my most recent sign and sail card does not match the on on the website. And according to my card I am at the gold level, but online, I have not taken any cruises and have no points.

For those who may encoutered this before, how did you get it resolved?

Call a Carnival Rep. Make five different calls. Talk to five different reps. Take the best 3 out of five answers--sarcastic...yes.

But, basically, if you call and don't get a good resolution or you don't like what they tell, you, keep trying. Sometimes you do get a rep that has never resolved that particular problem and they may just make up something to appease you at the time.

Edited by forwardcabin

Call a Carnival Rep. Make five different calls. Talk to five different reps. Take the best 3 out of five answers.

Well, that sounds like loads of fun. I take you, you don't put a lot of faith that it would be resolved the first attempt LOL

Just checked on of my old SNS cards and the numbers should definitely be the same. If I were you I'd call Carnival or your PVP ( that you booked thru w/carnival) and have them check and see what's going on. You need to clear it up are who knows at what level VIFP you will be on your next cruise. I've always booked with my PVP and never had a problem. I've always be hesitate with going the TA way. Hope this helps.

Well, that sounds like loads of fun. I take you, you don't put a lot of faith that it would be resolved the first attempt LOL

Not that we don't put a lot of faith, you just never know who your talking too, experience and where they're getting their information from. If all else fails continue calling and speak to a supervisor. Get the names of the people you talk to each time, it may help in referencing back to the answers your getting.

It would seem you've been assigned a new VIFP number for your current booking. Give Carnival a shout (or your TA if you didn't book direct) and have them update your current booking with your actual VIFP number.

Pretty easy to fix - even for a Carnival CSR. ;)

Gave them a call and she was very helpful and got it updated, even more quickly than she anticipated. She thought I would need to wait about 20 minutes to log on and check, but when i did, everything had been corrected.

Thank for the responses!