Sorry for another Soda Question

djwho

I've been searching and can't seem to find the price of a "can" of soda. My friend and I are travelling together, (not a couple, not a family - just two friends travelling and sharing the costs of a cabin).

She is interested in the soda package but the rule seems to be, we both have to purchase the package. I know I can bring some onboard and might do that, depends on whether or not we buy the package and I won't limit her purchase.

Has anyone been successful in getting NCL to not make us both purchase the package?

I've been searching and can't seem to find the price of a "can" of soda. My friend and I are travelling together, (not a couple, not a family - just two friends travelling and sharing the costs of a cabin).

She is interested in the soda package but the rule seems to be, we both have to purchase the package. I know I can bring some onboard and might do that, depends on whether or not we buy the package and I won't limit her purchase.

Has anyone been successful in getting NCL to not make us both purchase the package?

Just purchase on board and you can buy individually. Not a problem. Lots of folks have reported doing this.

I believe the previous price for a can of soda, or the equivalent of fountain soda, was $2.10 plus 15% gratuity, or about $2.40. I'm pretty sure it's now $2.25 plus 18% gratuity, or about $2.65. Don't quote me; I'm working from memory. I'm "addicted" to Diet Pepsi; I always buy a soda package. I have been able to buy the package on my own; my wife does not drink soda and does not buy the package; she has not been required to do so in the past.

Edited by hondorner

Yep, a single soda is $2.25+autograt. It is possible to purchase individual (fountain) soda packages while onboard.

Yes, you can buy an individual soda package onboard. As soon as you board, look in the lobby area for a table to sign up at. They will give you an insulated pepsi cup and put a sticker on your card. You do not have to purchase soda package for each person in your cabin. Have fun!

...but remember, it's undrinkable pepsi...ugh ugh ugh (have never heard anybody order a rum and pepsi). Of course, even White Castle now has the 100+ flavor coke machines which if they really cared about what their customers wanted would have long since been installed. Bfing your own.

Edited by MATHA531

I am diet coke and only diet coke :D So I plan to bring my own. Are we still allowed to just send it with our luggage in the original 12 pack case with a one of our stateroom tags?

Depends on the port. Most ports will handle it. A handful will not. I am unfamiliar with the specifics.

Very much so!! All of the pre-cruise emails and literature will tell you both have to purchase, but there's a workaround. When you get onboard, go to Guest Services and ask where to purchase the package (usually in one of the bars). They sell individual packages (ALL packages...soda, corks & caps, and UBP). The per day price will be $1-2 more than you would have gotten for prebooking, but if you don't have to buy an entire second package, you save $$$!

I did this on the Dawn last October...group of 4, 2 soda addicts, 2....cheapskates. Our soda addicts were in separate rooms, but we were able to get the packages individually.

I just came off the Gem on sunday, june 21. can of soda -- pepsi products -- $2.25 plus 18% gratuity. Do yourself a favor and tag your case of soda and have it sent to your room. Also, bottled water is not included in the package so you can also take a case of bottled water with you.

We had the UBP and found that we were drinking alot of alcohol but not drinking enough water...when we got off the ship in Port Canaveral, we all bought a case of water and brought it back to our cabin...we drank it all! Eventhough you can drink the water on the ship, having the bottled water was much more convenient.

I see that we can buy sodas package individually , you can also pack drinks ? Thanks !

Soda card is $53ish. You can pack water or soda in a carry on and check it in with your luggage to be delivered to your room.. I pack almost 2 cases of water and 2-12 packs of soda. This isn't going to last long bc they are going to be stopping this at the end of the year I believe

Does the 12 pack have to be in a carry on or can you just put a luggage tag on the pack of pop/soda?

Some ports may vary on this, but in NY you absolutely can put a luggage tag on it and give it to the porters. We did this most recently in May.

I read an article where water will be 2.99 for a 12 pack per RC and I'm sure other lines will follow suit

That's on Carnival. They no longer allow plastic bottles to be taken on board; cans are fine. They pre-sell a 12 pack of water for $2.99, $4.99 purchase on board. Too many were smuggling alcohol in water bottles. Smuggling was the cause, so passengers brought it on themselves.

Have an Epic cruise booked for later this year. First time NCL.

We have the drinks package included (beers, wine, spirit etc).

Do we get an additional bill for the 18% gratuity and VAT on each drink we have? or is it all inclusive.

Thanks

Have an Epic cruise booked for later this year. First time NCL.

We have the drinks package included (beers, wine, spirit etc).

Do we get an additional bill for the 18% gratuity and VAT on each drink we have? or is it all inclusive.

Thanks

Look at your invoice.. When you book and put in the code for the ultimate beverage package they usually add the 18% to your bill before you get on the ship. It's about $80 per person (only for 2 people when using the code)

Look at your invoice.. When you book and put in the code for the ultimate beverage package they usually add the 18% to your bill before you get on the ship. It's about $80 per person (only for 2 people when using the code)

Not "usually" - only for non-suite reservations made since the start of this month. Before this month gratuities were included in the UBP promo as they still are for suites.

Edited by Demonyte