MS Amsterdam San Diego to Vancouver - 27MAY

No new updates yesterday, but so far we've made it halfway through day 2.

Im working on a video tour of ship areas that should be done in a few days also. ;-). This has been fun. It's been really great sharing with All of you nice folks.

Feedback is still welcome too, even if it's critical.

Thanks for all the great pics.

I am having a problem with enlarging the pictures of the menus so I can read them. I click on the menu and the picture pops up on the screen but I cannot enlarge it. The room service menu was large enough to read on your website, so that one is great. What do you think I am doing incorrectly?

Does not look like the room service menu for breakfast has changed since last year. Great to know.

Do you remember if the aft deck on Navigation looked the same as aft decks on 2 and 3. Hope so. Looks like a great place to hang out with binoculars.

Thanks for the feedback, I will look at the menus and see if I can improve that. Was there a particular menu that had the issue?

The Navigation Deck (Deck 7) did have places to sit, but the deck was more open, and directly below the lido deck... so there was slightly more traffic. Deck 2 and 3 were quieter (in regard to people, but NOT in regard to mechanical noise). Does that help answer your question?

Bernie5,

I looked at the menu links, and tried each. It seems that clicking them only expands them to the size of your screen, which may not be quite big enough, depending on the size of your screen. I can email them to you if you'd like.. or at a later date, I can create a "menus" post or category on the blog, and see if that helps any... (or both)

Stupid real life got in the way. BUT.. I managed to get another post written (Day 2, pt. 3)... The next post should involve gala night dinner... YAY FOOD!

Go check it out, and as always, please provide feedback.. spelling, grammar, boredom, etc... :) I SHOULD be able to get pt. 4 done tomorrow during the day. . . see you all here. !

Thanks, Denise. I have checked the most recent page with three different browsers and two computers, and haven't yet seen it. I know that I had to rotate them when I posted them...

Can you refresh the page, and tell me what browser and such you are using, so I can get it sorted?

Anyone else seeing this issue? Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm glad that it's being seen. Thanks!!

On my iPad and iPhone with Safari, day 2 Pt. 3 the photos still come up jumbled. The newest post all pics are perfect. No worries, I can see sideways.

Enjoying your posts very much.

Cheers, Denise.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I will try to reproduce with both iPad and iPhone. I had tested on safari on my mac, but not on phone or pad. Thanks for troubleshooting for me. I am in the process of the dinner post that was promised, but had realized I had toom uch stuff to stuff it into one post. It will be there shortly...

Photos on my iMac and Safari are perfect! Very interesting that they are different on the iPhone and iPad! As long as they are correct on your end, I wouldn't do a thing.

Looking forward to more.

Cheers, Denise

OK, formal night dinner post has finally arrived. Day 2 is coming to a close... maybe just one more "Day 2" post after this, before moving on to Day 3.

Check it out, and let me know if there's anything I need to fix. Thanks so much for following along. If I didn't get the feedback here to make me feel like someone was actually reading it, I'd probably give up much sooner... it would feel too much like homework. :)

I think after it's all together, do you think I should put a link page with all the individual articles listed for easy access? Or does the navigation flow work well for everyone so far?

Love the latest post. Dinner looks fantastic!! Photos perfect on my iPad. They jumped off the page, they were so vivid!! The menu was easy to read, too.

Cheers, Denise

Edited by dchip

Thanks, Denise.. The photos for the dining room meals were all taken with DW's iPhone 6+ ... The camera on that thing is pretty decent, especially since the lighting wasn't anything special.

Glad you're enjoying it. Soon, I have a video tour coming up, but that's taking forever.... what with that stupid everyday life junk and all. :)

I'm wrapping up day 2 right now and should have it posted shortly. Now's a perfect time to catch up if you haven't already.

When I am done with this, are there any "summary" posts that would be helpful, such as all the menus that we have in one place..?

Does anyone care about the "On Location" daily program? Would it be worth a post of just those?

Also, how is navigation? Is it easy enough to get around between the posts? I was considering an index post that had direct links to all the parts, maybe in an outline fashion... Since this is my first blog, I am seeking "user" feedback. Any is welcome. Even if it's bad (thanks again for the photo rotation info, BTW)

I hope everyone had a safe and fun weekend. I personally accomplished absolutely nothing on the site over the weekend, but hope to get back to the grind... the CC Boards were pretty quiet over the weekend, as well.

There was one change, and that is that DW modified the menu a little. If you go to the top to "Cruises", you can now drill down, and end up on a table of contents page... let me know how you like it. I think she did a great job.

See you all on here soon.