Royal Babies and Tots Program Questions

not sure if anyone mentioned as a tip...but if your 2 year old is not completely potty trained they can not go in the pools or hot tubs, not even with a swim diaper. There is not a baby swim area on the ship you are going on.

I have seen here on many posts that parents with babies and those not potty trained bring a little inflatable pool to put beside their chair on the pool deck and fill it with a couple buckets of water so the baby can splash, which I would think would definitely be needed on an august cruise.

It was listed as one of the enhancements being added in 2014, but they appear to have changed their minds. This information was further picked up by many cruise sites, which list the nursery as part of the 2014 Adventure revitalization (such as ******************, etc.). Strangely, on RC's Ship Revitalization list, they have Adventure being listed as slated for dry dock in 2016, which doesn't make much sense given that they just updated the ship 2 years prior (the typical schedule is every 5 years). This had given me tiny hope that they might be planning to add the nursery in during the 2016 dry dock (especially since they list the nursery as "coming soon fleetwide", indicating that this is something that they have every intention of bringing to every ship) but the 2016 - 2017 deck plans that they have online do not show a nursery, so there isn't much to go on, aside from hope. The Revitalization list unfortunately doesn't give much definitive information about each ship (and hasn't been updated at all this year), though it lists the nursery as among the enhancements they are adding to their ships, so really, who knows? Among the ships recently updated, the only ships that did not add a nursery are Majesty, Explorer, Voyager and Adventure. Jewel is slated for revitalization in 2016 and has a similar itinerary to the one that I am looking at for Adventure, so I am hoping that they release information soon about what enhancements 2016 has in store for these ships so that we can decide between the two.

The old revitalization schedule had a lot more information than the one they have out there now. They pulled it since they seem to be changing what they are doing to the ships and when. I had looked at the two deckplans too and didn't see nursery.

I really don't think you will find any accurate information until the ship comes out of drydock, unfortunately.

• 7 months later...
In the nursery at the $8/hr rate does anyone know what the teacher/infant ratio is? Locally is 4/1 and I know at that the teachers are stretched. Hopefully it will be better on the ship! :)

I have always encountered low ratios on the ships. On Enchantment it was 2 adults with 3 kids. When my son was on Brilliance it was 2 adults and him!!!

I know on busier ships it can get more crowded but I be think they stay at 4 kids to 1 adult ratio. BUT they never have someone alone so there are always at least two people in the nursery.

I hope that helps!