Gallery One in Ft. Lauderdale

CruisingLover

We are booked at the Gallery One by Doubletree hotel in Ft. Lauderdale for 2 nights before our cruise in January. It looks like a very nice hotel and the reason we chose this one is because we have Hilton points we can use

I was reading TripAdvisor and the reviews from a few years ago make it sound like an awesome hotel. the more recent reviews state things like "run down", "unfriendly staff", "ac not working", etc. so I'm a little worried now.

Has anyone stayed there recently that can ease my mind?

Also, we will be there for NYE so am wondering if there are any suggestions as to what to do (me, my hubby and my 3 children ages 21, 19 & 15) that night as well as what to do during the days?

Thanks!

Hi, we stayed in Gallery one last NYE. We found the hotel fine. We have stayed there three times before and found it no different to previous stays. We have it booked again for March '16.

There is not much around the hotel, except for CVS and Galleria Mall and a Starbucks. The Mall has a reasonable food court.

There is nothing happening in the area on NYE. We went to Seasons 52 for an average tasting, overpriced meal. We were in bed by 11pm (the time difference was hitting us!). There is action in the downtown area with bands and a ball drop, but we didn't make it.

We've stayed at Gallery One twice (January 2014 and June 2015) and were very happy with the hotel each time. We chose this hotel because we did not want to rent a car for the two days before our cruise. Parking at the hotel is $28 plus tax per day. We could walk to the beach and to restaurants (Trulucks, Seasons 52, Capital Grill and others) in the Galleria Mall. There is a Publix grocery store across the street. There used to be a food court in the mall where we ate breakfast but that is closed now. Breakfast in the hotel was okay but expensive. I would stay there again.

We stayed there in Janurary of 2014 and thought the place was great. If you want something local just walk towards the beach and there is a pizza / Italian place on your right. We had the pizza which was good along with good service and decent pricing.

There is a Water Taxi stop right at the Gallery One. It is a great way to get to other areas but mostly a great way to sight see all the multi-million dollar homes and yahts.

Dave, :)