Do Princess enforce their Alcohol Policy

PRINCESSTHE BEST

I would like to take a bottle of special malt whisky onboard to take ashore in Norway. Princess state that alcohol will be confiscated and discarded shoreside by security staff. Is this being enforced?

You bet. So if you value it, I wouldn't chance it.

If they find it they will take it away and dispose of it.

Mike:)

They definetly do. Fellow passenger to me his was confiscated and poured down the drain .He also received a lectue from Security.

I suspect that they are a little less enthusiastic if you are boarding in Southampton. I had two bottles of champagne with me (in my hand luggage) on my last cruise on Princess from Southampton, I was expecting to be grilled but they didn't even ask to see them when they went through the security scanner. Maybe just luck!

I suspect that they are a little less enthusiastic if you are boarding in Southampton. I had two bottles of champagne with me (in my hand luggage) on my last cruise on Princess from Southampton, I was expecting to be grilled but they didn't even ask to see them when they went through the security scanner. Maybe just luck!

Tom, two bottles of champagne or wine is fine when boarding. It's the hard spirits that they frown on.:(

I would like to take a bottle of special malt whisky onboard to take ashore in Norway. Princess state that alcohol will be confiscated and discarded shoreside by security staff. Is this being enforced?

Enforcement is selective, perhaps dependent on the port. In Seattle and Vancouver, I'd noticed that there's an alcohol table after security, but they're not "plugged in" to security. They ask if you have any alcohol, but it seems to be on the honor system. Your choice to gamble...if so, I'd be sure it's in carry-on luggage.

They definetly do. Fellow passenger to me his was confiscated and poured down the drain .He also received a lectue from Security.

Just my $0.02: Princess gets to make a choice: pour my booze down the drain OR give me a lecture. If they were to try to lecture me, I'm walking (onto the ship). :)

Princess's policy is that if found it is confiscated and destroyed. I don't think anyone can tell advise you as to what degree the policy is enforced from port to port....obviously some people get away with it. It really comes down to how much risk you are prepared to take. Personally I might take the chance with a cheap bottle of vodka but a special malt whiskey (I bet Scotch) I wouldn't take the chance.