Potential problem with adoption and planned cruise

I was thinking more of booking a different date that may work better with their adoption timeline.

Just one more item to think about if you do get the baby before the cruise. A child must be 6 months old and have a passport to travel. My granddaughter is 6 months old on July 28, 2015 and her first cruise is July 30. She already has a passport from 3 months of age. Both parents must be present with the baby and the official birth papers. The picture was taken by the Virginia authority in the passport office. Babies are Awesome. God Bless You.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to post a little update. About 2 weeks after I posted this question, we matched with a birthmom. Baby girl was born 8/12 and she is now home with us!!

We called Royal after we found out about the adoption. The customer service rep was so nice. We asked if we could transfer our reservation to Oasis in 2017. She had to get a supervisors approval. the first one she talked to said we could transfer but it would cost us (I think $500). My husband was nice and said he was sorry to hear that since we had been so loyal but he understood. She then asked him to hold and ran it by a different supervisor and they approved the reservation transfer with no fees!!! Obviously there is added cost because of the price difference but we have no problem with that.

Anyway, I just wanted to put this positive experience out there. And to let people know how our situation turned out :)

Congrats on your adoption.

Our son is adopted too... we were supposed to be matched with him before a Voyager cruise in 2005... but as things always happen, we were not.

Instead we communicated constantly by email on the cruise. On the second day, we received pictures of our son. We wanted 'hard copies' so bad.... but all we had was the pictures on the computer monitor. All they had were black/white laser printers. We took pictures of the picture and went to the photo shop and they printed us pictures.

Will always remember that!

Congratulations! :)

As an adopted person, I thank you for welcoming the baby girl into your home and family. ;) I wish you many years of love, happiness and cruises!

PS - I was born in August...58 years ago. :D

Edited by Iamthesea

If you haven't even been matched with birth parents yet, there is probably still a pretty good chance that you'll get a final vacation as a couple without kids. If not, pretty good reason to lose a bit of $ (what you describe as a cruise steal can't have been that expensive)

If you haven't even been matched with birth parents yet, there is probably still a pretty good chance that you'll get a final vacation as a couple without kids. If not, pretty good reason to lose a bit of $ (what you describe as a cruise steal can't have been that expensive)

See post #27. They got their baby.

I just wanted to post a little update. About 2 weeks after I posted this question, we matched with a birthmom. Baby girl was born 8/12 and she is now home with us!!

We called Royal after we found out about the adoption. The customer service rep was so nice. We asked if we could transfer our reservation to Oasis in 2017. She had to get a supervisors approval. the first one she talked to said we could transfer but it would cost us (I think $500). My husband was nice and said he was sorry to hear that since we had been so loyal but he understood. She then asked him to hold and ran it by a different supervisor and they approved the reservation transfer with no fees!!! Obviously there is added cost because of the price difference but we have no problem with that.

Anyway, I just wanted to put this positive experience out there. And to let people know how our situation turned out :)

Congratulations!!!! And thank you so much for sharing your good news. I have a big ol' smile on my face now.:) As the mom of 2 adopted kiddos, I know what the waiting is like. So glad your wee girl is home with you!