Requesting a fridge for your cabin?

KruzPrincess

I just read another thread that said someone requested a refrigerator for their cabin. Please tell me more! I have an inside cabin booked on the Statendam and I know there won't be a fridge. I like having a fridge in my cabin. Can I get one? Is there a fee? Is there a downside to doing this? Obviously, there isn't a lot of free space in the cabin.

Thanks.

Have your TA or PCC (or order through HAL if you didn't use an agent) order the fridge in advance, as there are a limited number of them. It will cost you $2 per day of the cruise.

The disadvantage is where it gets placed. Since you're on the Statendam you will have a choice. It can be placed under the desk, in the kneehole where you would otherwise put your legs when doing hair/make-up, or going through paperwork. Or, since the desk has six drawers under it, you have room to put it on top of the desk and still have some flat space to put things down on.

Another down side is that it will take up one of the electric outlets. There is a single 110 outlet, and a single 220 outlet above the desk.

I was on the Veendam in May. I had an oceanview originally so I ordered a fridge thru my PCC. It was either $2 or 3 a day. I can't remember. At the last minute I ended up uograding to a vista suite so I cancelled.

Just wondering if all ships only have fridges in balcony cabins? We're looking at an inside on the Eurodam - will it have a fridge?

You will have a fridge on the E-dam. Actually, it's more of a cooler, but you will have something.

Here's the breakdown:

On the Vista (Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, and Noordam), Signature (Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam), and on the Prinsendam, every cabin has a fridge.

On the S- (Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam, Veendam), and R-class ships (Rotterdam, Volendam, Zaandam, Amsterdam) all the cabins with a balcony have a fridge.

The other cabins (inside and outside) can rent one.

Thank you all so much for your help. I am going to email my TA right now. I am hoping for an upsell offer, but I doubt I'll get one. There are a lot of cabins still available on my cruise, so I guess we'll see. I booked at a low price, though, so I expect they'd offer upsells to others first. Who knows, though?? I'm not familiar with how HAL does things.

I think it's pretty hard to know how many cabins are left on a cruise. They may not have done assignments. If you book directly with hal you are way more likely to see an upsell then if you booked with a ta unless your ta is buddies with the upsell manager like some folks on cruise critic. I've been told that I was not eligible for an upsell when I had a ta although some posters are quick to imply I'm lying about that. When I had a ta I rarely saw an upsell. Now I book with hal and I see them for almost every cruise.

Edited by cruz chic

I think it's pretty hard to know how many cabins are left on a cruise. They may not have done assignments. If you book directly with hal you are way more likely to see an upsell then if you booked with a ta unless your ta is buddies with the upsell manager like some folks on cruise critic. I've been told that I was not eligible for an upsell when I had a ta although some posters are quick to imply I'm lying about that. When I had a ta I rarely saw an upsell. Now I book with hal and I see them for almost every cruise.

Thanks for the info. I had read that you were likely to get an upsell if you booked direct. I booked through a TA. I'm happy with the cabin I booked, though. In the future, I'll take this information into consideration.

Thanks.