Lotus Spa Pool

mscoldchaser

Hello,

My family and I will be cruising on the Island Princess on the 21st July, and as its our second cruise ever, first time with princess, I have a question regrading the Lotus Spa pool and the Sanctuary area. I read somewhere (can't remember where) that it is an adults only pool, and one of my party is 17 years old. What I was wondering was if anyone knew whether that age would be old enough to access those areas, or if there is a certain age that is required to enter.

If anyone could give me some advice or help on this matter, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Hello,

My family and I will be cruising on the Island Princess on the 21st July, and as its our second cruise ever, first time with princess, I have a question regrading the Lotus Spa pool and the Sanctuary area. I read somewhere (can't remember where) that it is an adults only pool, and one of my party is 17 years old. What I was wondering was if anyone knew whether that age would be old enough to access those areas, or if there is a certain age that is required to enter.

The Sanctuary pool on the Island no longer exists.

The normal age for adult usage of adult pools is 18. Chances are nobody would complain about your 17 year old being there if not rowdy.

The Sanctuary pool on the Island no longer exists.

The normal age for adult usage of adult pools is 18. Chances are nobody would complain about your 17 year old being there if not rowdy.

Last year on our cruise, the adult pools and night club were marked 21+ only. My 18 year old and his friend were very disappointed. It had been 18+ on our previous cruises. Do check the signs once you are on board. If the age limit is 18, then your 17 year old might be okay going with you. If the age limit is 21, you probably couldn't pass her off as old enough.

The LOTUS pool is the FREE, covered adult pool on Lido (14) deck. The Sanctuary pool (Aloha/Deck 12) is (was) available ONLY to pax who paid for lounges in the Sanctuary. The Island P. eliminated the Sanctuary pool during the refit. The Coral P. (her sister ship) STILL has BOTH pools 'until' its own refit (as the current deck plans show).

While in Alaska, the Lotus pool was open when the weather permitted and there were 'older' young people back there. I don't believe an older teen aged passenger would be 'banned' from the Lotus pool unless there were behavior issues drawing attention to themselves.

I did not utilize the Sanctuary or Sanctuary pool to know who busy it was.