3rd Times the charm. Pearl to Alaska 6/21 review with pictures

FraudBroad

Also, because we were on the VIP list...each day we received some different treats!

?tn=-439062032

?tn=1029786024

?tn=3673680

?tn=-1535562732

?tn=-1237095893

And I left off our favorite towel animal...Jordan has a stuffed cat that she receivied for her first birthday. That thing has been EVERYWHERE with us...including EVERY cruise! The cabin stewards always love to include kitty!

?tn=542172810

We arrived in Victoria at 6:00. This was the only time we went to Moderno and had Elvina and her staff walk us off. We knew it would be a zoo trying to disembark.

?tn=-1055191034

As we headed to the shuttle buses we were stopped by a guy trying to talk us into taking his "bike" taxi. We stopped and looked at what he had to offer and decided to go with it. It would be a 1.5 hour tour after which he'd drop us off downtown. The cost was $100 for the four of us.

The first stop was the adorable place on the water called "Fisherman's Wharf" it small and consists mainly of house boats. There are several restaurants there and we even got to feed a seal!

?tn=1616823820

On the side of one of the houseboats

?tn=-603918560

?tn=1954381306

?tn=-11370997

?tn=-99846393

We then headed downtown. Victoria really is such a lovely town. First thing we did was hit up a small craft fair.

?tn=-1217456568

Loved the whale sculptures they had all over!

?tn=-579862961

?tn=-812643022

The beautiful Empress Hotel

?tn=-1379094530

?tn=-1453957656

The Parliament building

?tn=1150577877

After shopping for a bit we headed to a great restaurant called 10 acres. Everything served is organic, all raised on a far owned by the owners. Jordan and I shared small plates of meatballs, sausage and french fries with truffle oil and Parmesan cheese. Rob and Jack both had halibut. Dinner was delicious!

?tn=424285647

?tn=1184419823

After dinner Jack and Rob opted to walk back to the ship while Jordan and I took a cab ($10). It was time to say good-bye as Jordan and I had to head off of the ship early in the morning. We all hugged and said what a great time we'd had. It had simply been an amazing vacation!

Once back on board I headed to bed and Jordan, of course, headed to the teen club for one last hurrah with her new friends. We'd planned to eat breakfast at 7:00 before disembarking at 7:45. The shuttle was to get us at 8:30 and I wasn't sure how long it would take to get through customs.

One last breakfast that morning...I was really going to miss having someone put that napkin in my lap....and back to the cabin before we picked up our belongings.

Big hugs for our Concierge Elvina...she was amazing throughout our trip. And off the ship we went. And by far...it was the EASIEST time we've ever had disembarking. We didn't even really stop at customs. They just pulled the blue form out of my passport as we walked by. I'm not kidding you when I say, from the time we left deck 7, walked past customs, picked up our luggage, and were on the street...less than 5 minutes. And let me tell you, Jordan was FURIOUS at me because now we had to wait 40 minutes for the shuttle. What can I say? Best laid plans....

The shuttle was right on time and we made it to the airport in less than 25 minutes. SeaTac is ALWAYS a mess. I've yet to fly in or out of that airport when it wasn't insanely crazy. And this time would prove to be no different. The lines for security were ridiculous. Lucky for us, they opened another one up and it only took us 40 minutes to get though.

We had no problem at all making our 11:00 flight home. The flight was uneventful and we were back to our home sweet home by 7:00 that night. It was a LONG day.

This was certainly the BEST cruise I'd ever taken to Alaska. The weather really does make the difference when traveling there. The one thing that never changes though, no matter what the weather is like, is the scenery. Like I said...majestic, breathtaking...I have no other words....Alaska is a place that I think every person should see at least once in their life!

The crew on the Pearl was wonderful...I have NO complaints. The ship was in tip top shape....the food was wonderful, the service outstanding.

Would I do it again? I dunno. I've now been three times...there are a lot of other places in the world I'd like to see. What I will say is that this was truly the trip of a lifetime. I don't know how it could have been any better!

Thanks to NCL and the crew of the Pearl for a wonderful vacation!!!

Until next time!!!

Thank you for your posts!!!! It was great. We did Alaska on the Pearl last year. It was a wonderful reminder of our cruise and about as close as you can get to doing it again you were so thorough. We just do land in Alaska this year. Our son lives in Nome. We will see him and do a bit of sightseeing at Denali and Seward this year. Maybe do the cruise again next year. This certainly wet my appetite!!!!

Thanks so much for your review!! DH and I leave in just a few weeks and are so excited! Thanks also for posting the embarkation times. Our flight is scheduled at 1145am and we are planning on doing self assist and hoping to be one of the first off the ship. We plan on catching a cab to the airport.

Thanks again!! I loved the pictures!!

Thanks so much for your review!! DH and I leave in just a few weeks and are so excited! Thanks also for posting the embarkation times. Our flight is scheduled at 1145am and we are planning on doing self assist and hoping to be one of the first off the ship. We plan on catching a cab to the airport.

Thanks again!! I loved the pictures!!

We honestly could have waited until 8:15 to disembark and still would have beaten our 8:30 shuttle!!! Really easy breezy getting off!!!

I hope you have an AMAZING cruise!!!

What a great review.

We do this cruise every year as we live in Seattle and it is a easy one.

We will miss it this year as we are doing POA.

Brought back great memories.

I thing caught my eye and it is kind of sad.....I noticed the size Marjorie Glacier has gone down by 1/2 of what it was last year, in September. Both in height and the depth back up the glacier valley.

At this rate, I think sooner is better than later if you want to see the glaciers. In five years, I hate to think what will be left. :(

Thank you for your great review. You mentioned that this was your 3rd cruise to Alaska. What months were your other cruises? I am trying to figure out clothes for my cruise. Thanks

Thank you for your great review. You mentioned that this was your 3rd cruise to Alaska. What months were your other cruises? I am trying to figure out clothes for my cruise. Thanks

First time was one of the last cruises of the season...the week of Labor Day. Last year we left on July 6th.

Just bring layers and you should be fine. I've always take a fleece jacket and a large rain jacket that I could wear over the fleece. This was the first time I didn't need to wear the rain jacket and barely wore the fleece! It was WARM!!!!

Thank you for the review Natalie, and the pictures.

Enjoyed reading your review very much. We haven't gotten to Alaska yet, I retire in 5 years and hoping to get there on a summer cruise.

I like sunshine when I travel and all the pictures I have seen of Alaska cruises look pretty dreary, cloudy, rainy etc.....

So, I guess I need to find out when they have the most sunshine!

Cruise on everyone!! :D

Enjoyed reading your review very much. We haven't gotten to Alaska yet, I retire in 5 years and hoping to get there on a summer cruise.

I like sunshine when I travel and all the pictures I have seen of Alaska cruises look pretty dreary, cloudy, rainy etc.....

Cruise on everyone!! :D

GO TO ALASKA!!!

I'm like you...I prefer a warm weather cruise...especially the Caribbean because I just love the vibe!!!

But I PROMISE you...you won't be disappointed. Even with cold and rainy weather the scenery is just amazing! Totally worth putting up with cold and rain!!!

Originally Posted by waverley7 View Post

Cruise on everyone!!

I have been to Alaska twice. In 2013 my husband and I went. I had absolutely no desire to go to Alaska..... I loved it so much I took my children the next year. It is also their favorite trip. And, in the 18 days I spent in Alaska it only rained (misted) once. You will love it!

Edited by sprint180

Loved your review!

Got off the ship this morning. Every night they had a college age social in Spinnaker or Bliss.

Only 3 people showed up to our regroup also. Myself- who only had rave reviews and a couple who spent the time complaining about a credit they should have received 2 cruises ago and how they weren't their room stewards main priority.

Great review! We leave Sunday and our booked on the glacier/dog sled tour. Random question my daughter wants to know - are there bathrooms on the glacier? For some reason this is what my 7 year old asks!!!:p

Not that I saw...file this under "out of the mouths of babes."...hysterical!!!

Tell her there's a bathroom that she can use before she gets on the helicopter. You're only on the glacier about an hour and a half. I'm sure she'll do just fine!!!