Ruby Princess/ Berth 54 where are you?

sjfrany

Hello everyone, we are leaving from L A cruise terminal and returning to berth 54. Not having done #54 does anyone have any info about berth 54? There are 4 ships in port on Oct. 3 2015. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Hello everyone, we are leaving from L A cruise terminal and returning to berth 54. Not having done #54 does anyone have any info about berth 54? There are 4 ships in port on Oct. 3 2015. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Hi - Berth 54 is a new one for Los Angeles (usually used for refrigerated cargo). It's located in the East Channel ... on a map it's where Harbor Blvd runs into Miner St. Here a link to a pdf map that shows all the berths ... LOS ANGELES HARBOR BERTHS It's #2 on the map.

Edited by bigmjh

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjfrany View Post

These other threads about the 4 ships in LA on 10/3/15 may also have helpful info for you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2225559

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2228678

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2228674

Edited by Astro Flyer

Frank have you ever sailed out of Berth 54? If so do you go directly to 54 to check in ? Do they have a secure parking lot at 54 or do you park at the cruise terminal then they some how shuttle you to the other Berth? Thought it might be easier to ask then to read the other threads. :)

Joe

Frank have you ever sailed out of Berth 54? If so do you go directly to 54 to check in ? Do they have a secure parking lot at 54 or do you park at the cruise terminal then they some how shuttle you to the other Berth? Thought it might be easier to ask then to read the other threads. :)

Joe

Joe...thankfully I've never had to sail from either 46 nor 54 and hope to never experience it. ;)

Based on discussions on those other threads from 46 they shuttle passengers to the primary cruise terminal's parking lot. At 46 they set up a large tent to process passengers in an adjacent parking lot like they previously did at 91 before the USS Iowa was berthed at 87. At least 46 is described as a cruise berth & event location whereas 54 is for frozen & cold cargo. Also based on the photos of 54 they may have to move the Lane Victory located at berth 49 to dock the Ruby. No one has posted about any previous experience at 54 & after 10/3/15 maybe someone will share their experiences.

Hopefully it won't be too chaotic for passengers but it may be a problem. One passenger posted they're sailing on the Ruby's preceding 4-day cruise sailing from 93 partially to avoid the possibility of any problems when boarding at berth 54.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Joe...thankfully I've never had to sail from either 46 nor 54 and hope to never experience it. ;)

Based on discussions on those other threads from 46 they shuttle passengers to the primary cruise terminal's parking lot. At 46 they set up a large tent to process passengers in an adjacent parking lot like they previously did at 91 before the USS Iowa was berthed at 87. At least 46 is described as a cruise berth & event location whereas 54 is for frozen & cold cargo. Also based on the photos of 54 they may have to move the Lane Victory located at berth 49 to dock the Ruby. No one has posted about any previous experience at 54 & after 10/3/15 maybe someone will share their experiences.

Hopefully it won't be too chaotic for passengers but it may be a problem. One passenger posted they're sailing on the Ruby's preceding 4-day cruise sailing from 93 partially to avoid the possibility of any problems when boarding at berth 54.

We will be on the Ruby out of 54 also. I happen to know the guy that runs the Lane Victory , we will see if he knows anything about it, if so I will post.

Since we live near the port we were hoping to be able to drive right to the 54 birth with our luggage, have not gotten any information from Princess re this issue , hopefully that will be forthcoming.

Cori

We will be on the Ruby out of 54 also. I happen to know the guy that runs the Lane Victory , we will see if he knows anything about it, if so I will post.

Since we live near the port we were hoping to be able to drive right to the 54 birth with our luggage, have not gotten any information from Princess re this issue , hopefully that will be forthcoming.

Cori

Passengers embarking on the Ruby on 10/25/15 have already received this updated procedure for sailing from 93 & returning to 46 and surprised that they have not informed you about the procedure for your cruise. :confused:

This is what it said in my Princess email:

EMBARKATION AND DISEMBARKATION PIER DETAILS

Please be advised that Ruby Princess will embark guests at Pier 93 on Sunday, October 25,2015 and disembark guests at Berth 46 on Sunday, November 1. Pier 93 is located at 100 Swinford Avenue, San Pedro, CA 90731. Berth 46 is located at 3011 Miner St., San Pedro, CA 90731. Guests with Princess transfers or a Cruise Plus hotel package will be transferred directly from Los Angeles International Airport or their hotel to Pier 93 on October 25, and from Berth 46 to Los Angeles International Airport or their hotel on November 01. Guests with independent transfer arrangements should be guided accordingly. Guests parking their car at Pier 93 for the duration of the cruise will be transported via complimentary shuttle from Berth 46 to the parking lot near the Pier 92 building on November 1. As the shuttles cannot accommodate all guests and their luggage, one member of your party will be transported back to pick up the rest of your party and your luggage. Please note, there is no long-term parking at Berth 46. We look forward to welcoming you on board Ruby Princess.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Cori

Cori,

Are you on that Oct 3rd sailing???

I am the one that posted about doing the 4 dayer before the Oct.3rd Ruby cruise just to be avoiding that mess. Still on the fence about it.

Cori,

Are you on that Oct 3rd sailing???

Yes, we are on the roll call, I saw you on the roll call. We did call our friend on the lane victory and he had not heard about them using berth 54, but he knew about berth 46 being used.

Did you get notification from Princess by email. ?? We didn't.

Passengers embarking on the Ruby on 10/25/15 have already received this updated procedure for sailing from 93 & returning to 46 and surprised that they have not informed you about the procedure for your cruise. :confused:

Thanks for the information, we have not gotten an email or snail mail about this, I don't know if other passengers have . I found out about it on the roll call so maybe they have, I don't know.

Anyway thanks for posting that notice for the 10-25-15 cruise.

Cori

Note to self:

Don't book a cruise out of San Pedro when more than two ships are in port for departure or return [emoji33]

Or to get a park & stay hotel package and to be very patient. ;)

I'm skeptical about the hotel shuttles being able to keep up with passengers from 4 ships. We did if for a 2 week roundtrip cruise from LA but were the only ship in port. Even then there were some delays getting a shuttle back to our car at the Doubletree Cabrillo Beach hotel. It would have been better to do it like Princess & only allow 1 passenger per group on the shuttle to get their car & to return to pick up others & their luggage.

Thanks for the information, we have not gotten an email or snail mail about this, I don't know if other passengers have . I found out about it on the roll call so maybe they have, I don't know.

Anyway thanks for posting that notice for the 10-25-15 cruise.

Cori

You're welcome...all of us will be learning from you experiences if we're ever in the Port of LA with 4 ships...thanks. :)

That's odd that your Lane Victory friend is not aware of 54 being used for the Ruby. If you've called Princess, what have they said about what to expect?

You're welcome...all of us will be learning from you experiences if we're ever in the Port of LA with 4 ships...thanks. :)

That's odd that your Lane Victory friend is not aware of 54 being used for the Ruby. If you've called Princess, what have they said about what to expect?

I have not called Princess , we booked with a TA, but now that I have made final payment, I might give them a call next week.

I just went on the Princess personalizer and searched through it, I did find the information, but it is not listed in port information, found it under boarding information. It sounds like they want us to go directly to 54 with our luggage, for those who need to park their cars, it says there will be a shuttle at 92, 93 to bring them back to 54. Don't know if this is right, but that is what it looks like to me, I could be wrong or this might change before we cruise. Guess we will find out.

Cori

Note to self:

Don't book a cruise out of San Pedro when more than two ships are in port for departure or return [emoji33]

I moved an upcoming cruise to another sailing date when I found out about the 4-ship-in-port situation. I now check before booking out of San Pedro:

http://www.portsamerica.com/cruise/los-angeles-terminal.html

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

...It sounds like they want us to go directly to 54 with our luggage, for those who need to park their cars, it says there will be a shuttle at 92, 93 to bring them back to 54. Don't know if this is right, but that is what it looks like to me...

There was a 3-ship day at San Pedro awhile back, and IIRC this is the way those there that day reported here on CC that it worked also.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

Does this help?

Yes, we are on the roll call, I saw you on the roll call. We did call our friend on the lane victory and he had not heard about them using berth 54, but he knew about berth 46 being used.

Did you get notification from Princess by email. ?? We didn't.

No, we did not get any notification either. I finally found it on my cruise personalizer. I called Princess a few times about this. They had to check with their "help deck". Since we were going to have a Bon Voyage on this cruise, I called several times, about parking & porters.

This is what they told me:

1. There is no parking @ pier 54, not even short term parking for the Bon Voyage

2. There will be porters @ pier 54

3. If the regular parking lot @ pier 91 is full,(which it darn well might be) they will have us go to a remote parking lot & shuttle us to I don't know pier 91 or 54.

4. Since I asked about Bon Voyage they said to get there no later than 11:30AM

No, we did not get any notification either. I finally found it on my cruise personalizer. I called Princess a few times about this. They had to check with their "help deck". Since we were going to have a Bon Voyage on this cruise, I called several times, about parking & porters.

This is what they told me:

1. There is no parking @ pier 54, not even short term parking for the Bon Voyage

2. There will be porters @ pier 54

3. If the regular parking lot @ pier 91 is full,(which it darn well might be) they will have us go to a remote parking lot & shuttle us to I don't know pier 91 or 54.

4. Since I asked about Bon Voyage they said to get there no later than 11:30AM

Hi, Thanks, I went to Personalizer yesterday and searched , finally found the information , and it said that we should bring our luggage to 54, so that answered my question on that. Did Did you decide to take the 4 day cruise before this ?? You mentioned you had looked into that option, also hope to hear about your Bon Voyage experience at the meet and greet.

Don't you think that Princess should at least send an email to all passangers about embarkation at 54 , what about the people who are not on Cruise Critic and don't know to look for this information ?? Before I saw this on CC , I just assumed we would board at 92 or 93 like we usually do. Anyway it should be interesting at least.

Hi, Thanks, I went to Personalizer yesterday and searched , finally found the information , and it said that we should bring our luggage to 54, so that answered my question on that. Did Did you decide to take the 4 day cruise before this ?? You mentioned you had looked into that option, also hope to hear about your Bon Voyage experience at the meet and greet.

Don't you think that Princess should at least send an email to all passangers about embarkation at 54 , what about the people who are not on Cruise Critic and don't know to look for this information ?? Before I saw this on CC , I just assumed we would board at 92 or 93 like we usually do. Anyway it should be interesting at least.

Yes, we did decide to do the 4 dayer before the Oct.3rd cruise. Now the only question is how will that Bon Voyage lunch be before the 4 dayer. ??? Princess did say they do offer the Bon Voyage before that 4 dayer. Will it be kind of crummy:confused: & more limited, with not the normal lunch menu, because it is the start of a 4 dayer????

It seems to me I have read on these boards that the salmon & etc. was not offered on the lunch menu before the short cruises.

I might start a new thread on this subject.

And yes, I do think Princess should have informed us about this pier 54 thing & there being 4 ships @ port that day & with a lot more details, directions, porters, parking & what not. Just think how many shuttles will be involved if anyone has to park in the remote parking lot especially the ones that 1st go to pier 92 not knowing anything.:eek:

Looking forward to meeting you,

Grace