Homer Accommodations

jamminlion

We always stay at the Lands End. With two kids in tow consider the condo units (which their website calls the "lodges" or some thing along that line). The Lands End is located on the famous Homer spit so is close to a number of interesting restaurants.

Will the kids share a bed or do you need 3 beds and/or 2 bedrooms?

Do you need to be ON the Spit or will you consider staying several minutes away?

Be mindful of the fact that most posted rates are for 2 so there is an additional charge for additional guests.

I've only camped in Homer so these are options I've jotted down when I've read great reviews in past trip reports. Don't know if the location or configuration would work for your family, but they're worth checking out:

Sea Lion Apt ... studio apt on the Spit.

Paula's Place ... 2 bedroom apt in a home, near the Spit

Memorable Experience ... 2 bedroom apt in a home off the Spit

Home away from Home ... 2 bedroom cottage off the Spit

Another resource is the town web site. Check out the options then look at reviews on tripadvisor or similar sites:

http://www.homeralaska.org/visit-homer/accommodations

Hope this helps.

I found our Homer lodging on VRBO. Really great descriptions that helped me find a good fit. The owner has been terrific about answering my questions - great to work with. We'll find out soon if the house is as wonderful as it looks on the website! We leave next month.

We stayed at "Walk-About Cabin" (Google it) about 10 miles out East End Road for our week stay in 2013. It could not have been more perfect for us! Found it using "Homeaway.com" website. The views of Kachemak Bay from our two decks could not be beat. Secluded and quiet, we had daily visits from a curious porcupine and several moose. Check out Nancy's website on Homeaway, the photos don't even do this place justice. We loved the freedom of being out of town and away from it all. The 10 mile drive back to town was not an aggravation, but rather a pleasure - the views along East End Road are not to be missed. Drove into town every day - to pick up fresh seafood from the Co-op on the Spit and cooked on the grill each day. Stopped at the Fritz Creek General Store/Post Office often for terrific food and to chat w/the locals. Would highly recommend Walk-About Cabin - a true gem!

• 3 weeks later...