COLESSUM ROME skip the line tickets recommendation

LEAJO

Instead of queuing at the main entrance where the line is huge ( and even longer inside!) walk through the big arch on your right with the Coloseum on your left. Buy your 12 euro ticket at Palatine Hill and you can enter the Forum and the Coliseum with the one ticket. You do not need to pay extra with jump the queues! Just get the excellent audio guides. The Colisseum queue for ticket holders was less than 2 minutes wait when we were there in June! It's fab and the people in the main queue look on enviously as you go right on in!! [emoji1]

And don't miss the Forum and Palatine Hill. Amazing!

I was booked on the 3rd tier tour (which was great!), but I arrived to the Coliseum about 2 hours before my tour started. So, after collecting my ticket, I headed to the Forum.... not really sure what to expect.

WOW!!!! I actually enjoyed the Forum more than the Coliseum. I had also downloaded Rick Steves' free guided walking tour beforehand. So, with the help of this app, I was able to wander around at my leisure and actually know what I was looking at.

So IMO, I would definitely visit the Forum while you're there (and if you can, download the free walking tour). And, even though we were on a guided tour of the Coliseum, if you just want to purchase the regular ticket, definitely do what the other suggested and buy the ticket at Palatine Hill (or even the Forum entrance). It will save you so much time (and one ticket gets you into all 3 places)

Have fun!

Melissa

Hi I am looking for a recommendation from where to buy skip the line tickets for the Colessum in Rome.

We did a guided tour with Roman Candle that was a combination of tour through the forums and the Colosseum. It was well worth it and not just for the "skip the line" at the Colosseum. Too many people use the limo companies for tours and those "guides" are not professional guides and cannot walk you into the Forums or Colosseum. To me, those are highlights of the ancient city.