All Inclusive Beach Excusions-Grand Turk

KrisMusc313

Please don't move. I posted this on the Grand Turk boards and were told to ask here since no one responded there.

Has anyone booked any of these "all Inclusives" that they offer? I see they have like 4 different but similar options. Years ago we did the cabana at Margaritaville and LOVED it! We booked it again but are thinking that maybe we should try this out. We are a good sized group who loves to party & have fun.

I wouldn't do an all inclusive on Grand Turk. In fact, I wasn't aware there were any, which may be why you didn't get responses on the Grand Turk board. Maybe you are mixing up the ports?

Anyway, if it's offered, I wouldn't take it because the beaches are *right* there when you get off the ship and they are free to use. An umbrella and 2 chairs at Jack's Shack is $10 in a more secluded area or the chairs are free at the more crowded Margaritaville area. Personally I recommend the trek to Jack's Shack (10 minute walk down the beach) just to get away from the crowds. Food and drink should be more reasonably priced as well. I have heard there are quite a few eateries now between Margaritaville and Jack's Shack that are even more reasonably priced than Jack's. Plenty of inexpensive options. The beaches are all nice and the water is very clear.

Just returned from here, spent the day right there at the pool area. Had read reports about crowding and such, but not for us. It was DH and 2 grown daughters and found chairs right beside the pool next to swim up bar. We were the only ship at port that day, so could have played a factor in it. But great music, drinks and food all day! They do have the all-inclusive pass for $50 which included most drinks and one regular lunch item menu. They gave you a wristband and punched it once you received your food item. They kinda expect a tip though for good drink service, so that's not really included in total price. We had a blast there and didn't want to leave, also all merchandise was duty-free. We actually never went down to beach area, after spending day in Half Moon Cay there was no comparison to the beach. But the pool was very spacious and enjoyable! Have fun no matter what you choose!

I wouldn't do an all inclusive on Grand Turk. In fact, I wasn't aware there were any, which may be why you didn't get responses on the Grand Turk board. Maybe you are mixing up the ports?

Anyway, if it's offered, I wouldn't take it because the beaches are *right* there when you get off the ship and they are free to use. An umbrella and 2 chairs at Jack's Shack is $10 in a more secluded area or the chairs are free at the more crowded Margaritaville area. Personally I recommend the trek to Jack's Shack (10 minute walk down the beach) just to get away from the crowds. Food and drink should be more reasonably priced as well. I have heard there are quite a few eateries now between Margaritaville and Jack's Shack that are even more reasonably priced than Jack's. Plenty of inexpensive options. The beaches are all nice and the water is very clear.

On the carnival website there is an option for the margaritaville cabanas & then 4 other options not naming the beach but calling it "all inclusive". I am assuming this is relatively new because i only noticed it a week or so ago on the excustion page.

Just returned from here, spent the day right there at the pool area. Had read reports about crowding and such, but not for us. It was DH and 2 grown daughters and found chairs right beside the pool next to swim up bar. We were the only ship at port that day, so could have played a factor in it. But great music, drinks and food all day! They do have the all-inclusive pass for $50 which included most drinks and one regular lunch item menu. They gave you a wristband and punched it once you received your food item. They kinda expect a tip though for good drink service, so that's not really included in total price. We had a blast there and didn't want to leave, also all merchandise was duty-free. We actually never went down to beach area, after spending day in Half Moon Cay there was no comparison to the beach. But the pool was very spacious and enjoyable! Have fun no matter what you choose!

As much as I like Grand Turk beach, I have to agree with you that nothing I have seen compares to HMC beach/water. So clear and even a bit cool!

As much as I like Grand Turk beach, I have to agree with you that nothing I have seen compares to HMC beach/water. So clear and even a bit cool!

I know, when we were there it far exceeded any expectations that I had read about. Even after we returned home and I went back and looked at the pictures, they were awesome and reminded me of some exotic beach location out of a magazine. I can't wait to go back again, even if we don't get to book a cabana, I know it will be an enjoyable day!

Do you purchase the all day pass for Margaritaville at Margaritaville? Does it have to be done in advance?

my son was really looking forward to 50.00 pass at Margaritaville in Grand Turk, however it only included certain drinks which were rum drinks , so all frozen or rum and coke , no beer which is what he wanted and the food was one chicken sandwich or hamburger ... read the writing .. it was not unlimited food.

• 1 month later...

You can read a lot of reviews on the carnival site for those excursions.

We did 2 weeks ago and it was at bajari beach. I would not do again, it wasn't a horrible experience just didn't feel like a great value. The water is very rocky, snorkeling not great, food was ok. We don't drink so not sure on alcohol but people seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Higlights were it was not very crowded, the service was very good and WiFi.

Enjoy your cruise.

*LOL* good drink service at Margaritaville isn't possible. Even one ship in port will overload the bartenders. It took me around 20-30 minutes of standing and waiting to get one of the two bartenders to notice me..didn't help that everyone at the bar was also waiting for drinks....ended up ordering four drinks for me and my friend cuz waiting 20+ minutes for a drink was crazy......goto Jack's Shack, it's a nice walk!

Carnival has an excursion that is called Home Sweet Home that is like a beach house with free drinks and food. Beach looks relatively private and they have lounge chairs and hammocks. Don't know if this is what you are looking for. It is pricey at $99 a person.

Barefoot Cabana only abuyt 50 yards down beach has cheap drinks and good service. Then take one for road and sit by nice pool and great people watching at Margaritaville. Not a fan of Jacks Shack its hit or miss and drinks not cheap

plus the walk

Are there less rocks in the water? Do you have to pay for chairs and umbrellas there?

Yes and no/yes - the further down the beach you go, the sandier it is in the water.

There are other "beach clubs" between Margaritaville and Jacks, just depending on the day you port and the season.

I believe the lounger at Jack's is free, but the umbrella if you want it is $10. They do make decent jerk chicken, not Jamaican jerk, it's island jerk for tourists, milder.

There is a resort on a different part of the island where you can get lunch and other amenities, that may be the AI tour that the OP was asking about.

• 1 month later...

Did you buy the pass there or online?

Thanks

Bob

Are there less rocks in the water? Do you have to pay for chairs and umbrellas there?

Yes and yes.

Beach is clear, water is clear of rocks, nice sandy bottom in front of Jacks. Yes, we paid rather dearly for two loungers and a delapitated umbrella, and could not get food ordered for over an hour and a half. Liked the beach, not the place.

Love Grand Turk, though. I think the beach is awesome and will next time venture only to one of the closer beach bars and hang there for the day.