RCCL Stock Incentive

Phylhering

I booked a cruise for February and am receiving a $500 OBC from AZ. Would the shareholder OBC not apply now?

Based on my current experience no but apply and see - it's an inconsistent shambles from what I can see.

I am going backwards having queried my situation!

And yes, I know the shares are doing well, it's more about if you offer shareholder perks actually make them accessible - it's exactly the same position as I think some feel they are in re their LCV free days

Spot on tiger-91!

Perhaps the answer is to not book onboard for OBC, but to purchase the FCC then book the cruise wanted. Less OBC than if Azamara combined them but then you've got the cash reduction in your pocket.

However it does appear to be quite penny pinching of RCL to take this approach. Maybe as shareholders we should all ask for this approach to be amended?

FWIW we also have Carnival stock and have never been refused their OBC, even when we've had promotional deals, booked onboard etc., etc.

We have had the same results with CCL stock. They readily add it no matter what other deals you might have. At least in our experience on 5 of their lines.

The stock has increased in value many times over the years and pays a very decent dividend.

Right, I have use it over the years and wish I had bought more than 100 shares. Good investment. I think I have gotten my money back with the OBC or pretty close over the years.

Based on my current experience no but apply and see - it's an inconsistent shambles from what I can see.

I am going backwards having queried my situation!

And yes, I know the shares are doing well, it's more about if you offer shareholder perks actually make them accessible - it's exactly the same position as I think some feel they are in re their LCV free days

What is LCV free days?

When you get to a certain level in Le Club Voyage you are entitled to two free nights cruising. The snag is that you can't use it with any cruise promotions, so it may not save you money. Check it out on the Le Club Voyage section of the Azamara web-site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As far as the stock incentive goes it is pretty much useless now. I have been a stockholder for years. At first it was a nice benefit. Always got $200 obc regardless of other incentives. Then a few years back they changed guidelines that said this benefit could no longer be combined with any other benefit. So unless you pay full price for cruise with no benefits at all you cannot use it. It is much more advantageous to book a promotion. For instance we just came back from a Quest cruise. We took advantage of an inside fare for a balcony. As usual I submitted request for share holder benefit. As usual it was denied because of the inside/balcony promo. Of course I could have foregone that promo and opted for the shareholder benefit. That would make no sense as I would be giving up savings of thousands for hundreds. Hope this helps to understand. I agree. It really is a slap in the face of shareholders. At least the stock is on a good run.