Booking Excursions

loreleii2

Hi..this will be my first cruise in about 20 years and I was wondering if anyone has booked an excursion through Priceline..they have a two port excursion that seems fun! Not sure if I should just book through the Carnival site? Thanks!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I have been on private excursions and ones booked through the ship. Typically you can book private ones cheaper than the ship ones and they will usually have fewer people. Biggest advantage to a ship excursion is that the ship will wait for you if you are late returning to the port.

Sorry, I have not booked through the company you mentioned.

I would check out trip advisor to see if anyone has posted their experiences from the company you mentioned.

I don't remember seeing it come up on this forum for excursions. It does come up a lot for hotels.

If it was me, I would find companies that specialize in private tours and not middle men.

Keith

Personally, I would be a little leery with getting a middle man involved that isn't the cruise line. My only reason saying this is, I know that it has happened many times to people on this site that they have missed the port for whatever reason. This situation made them have to email or call the seller of the excursion and ask for a refund. If you booked directly with the tour company you would have a direct company to email or call, but I think in a situation like this it may be much more difficult to get in contact with priceline, or a much longer process. Just my opinion.

I would check out trip advisor to see if anyone has posted their experiences from the company you mentioned.

I don't remember seeing it come up on this forum for excursions. It does come up a lot for hotels.

If it was me, I would find companies that specialize in private tours and not middle men.

Keith

Good advice!