From QM2 to Southampton Airport

BRC6C

Hello all!

Booking at the last minute has left me with less time than I like to prepare :) I'm trying to figure out the options for getting from the ship to the Southampton airport post voyage. We are willing to take a taxi, but I'm having trouble finding the cost, but would also be up for public transport if that's a reasonable option.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi There

We took a taxi from the terminal a few months back and it cost £24 which I thought was pretty expensive

You might be worth booking a Taxi in advance to pick you up. Try West Quay Cars, they will be able to give you a fixed cost. Think its maybe around £17

Hope that helps

Cheers

Gary

Hello all!

Booking at the last minute has left me with less time than I like to prepare :) I'm trying to figure out the options for getting from the ship to the Southampton airport post voyage. We are willing to take a taxi, but I'm having trouble finding the cost, but would also be up for public transport if that's a reasonable option.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

http://www.smithsforairports.com/index.html

Hello all!

We took a train from the airport to Southampton Central after dropping our hire car at the airport … then taxi the short distance to the dock. Works well as long as you don't have massive amounts of luggage. The station at the airport is right next door to the terminal and easy to access.

(this was June 2014)

Here's a thought for Cunard - QG guests get a black limo transfer (not taxis) to Southampton or JFK thrown in as part of their standard package.

Other guests can pre-book a limo or taxi transfer as one of the options when choosing a boarding package (Champagne in your cabin, wine packages, flowers etc).

(PS - broker a deal with the right company and you could generate a lot of revenue from this).

You're welcome :D