Harmony of the Seas Question?

My family and I are sailing on the Harmony of the Seas August 14, 2016 out of Barcelona. We have 13 balconies all together on deck 7 except for one little hiccup. Balcony cabin 7190 is in the middle of my group, we have 7 balconies all together on one side and 6 balconies all together on the other side. I am trying to find out who has this cabin to see if they would be willing to switch with one of my family that has the same category cabin so that we could open our balcony dividers to have one long balcony, if they allow us to open them that is. I have check with my TA and their company did not get this cabin in their group of cabins. I have called RCI to see if they could contact the people on my behalf and of course they said that they could not call anyone and ask them to switch cabins. I would like to do all of this before we get on the ship, but if not maybe I can do it once we get on the ship. Does anyone have this cabin for this sailing or know of someone that does? I have posted in my roll call as well. Any advice about this would also be appreciated. TIA.

Yes, of course RCI can look into the booking system and see who has this cabin and they can then contact that person/agent on your behalf asking if they were willing to swap.

Call and ask again.

Edited by little britain

I would think they picked out that cabin for a reason. I personally wouldn't want to change cabins for one I picked over a year in advance.

Just my opinion.

Tom

Considering that it's a D8 with a larger balcony, since it's on the hump, I would tend to agree with you. I suspect that the current occupants had specific reasons for choosing that cabin.

Considering that it's a D8 with a larger balcony, since it's on the hump, I would tend to agree with you. I suspect that the current occupants had specific reasons for choosing that cabin.

You might be correct on this, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. Maybe they will be willing to open their dividers as well.

You might be correct on this, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. Maybe they will be willing to open their dividers as well.

:eek::eek::eek:

Not on your life would I even remotely consider this! Open my balcony so strangers can walk though it? Ain't happenin'.

On a positive note though, if I knew my cabin was between a large group I would want to trade rooms so that I could avoid all the cross talk between the group over my balcony - that would be annoying.:rolleyes:

Not on your life would I even remotely consider this! Open my balcony so strangers can walk though it? Ain't happenin'.

On a positive note though, if I knew my cabin was between a large group I would want to trade rooms so that I could avoid all the cross talk between the group over my balcony - that would be annoying.:rolleyes:

Maybe I could sweeten the deal for the cabin change with a couple of bottles of wine! :D I guess time will tell if I can make this happen or not.

This is true. It certainly does not hurt to ask. And it is possible that they are not that dead-set on the larger balcony, or that their TA picked it for them and they are willing to move. If RCI is willing to contact them and ask if they would switch or move then there is no harm in trying. :)

That is exactly what I was thinking and I would be grateful for a phone call from RCI or my TA!

Please do not knock on the person's door once you board. My friend had a cabin mix up a few years ago. She had booked two rooms connecting. She has 4 children.

When they boarded, they had been told different room numbers than her paperwork. Room A was the original room booked, Room B was now on a different deck! The girl at the desk told her to ask the people in the connecting room if they'd switch so she could have the connecting door for the family.

Well, it turned in to a nightmare. The guests in that room were furious. Complained to Guest Service. A situation happened in which my friend decided to get off the ship because it was impossible to coordinate everything for her family from 4 decks away from each other with two toddlers and two elementary aged kids. Long story, I'll spare the details. They disembarked and her family was added to a "do not sail" list with all cruise lines within the company. Reason being: she disturbed another guest, by asking them to move cabins.

7190 is a forward looking hump cabin, and quite desirable to some. Good luck in trying to convince them to switch. A couple bottles of wine? Seriously

I agree with these. Although it never hurts to ask RCI, and to post it in your Roll Call just in case the people in 7190 happen to be CC members.

The person in 7190 (or their TA) likely knew what they were doing by booking that cabin. In fact, I intentionally booked a *90 hump cabin too for our December Harmony sailing. As a non-drinker, I wouldn't be persuaded by wine. Now, if RCI offered me some OBC or a higher room category at no additional charge in exchange for switching cabins it would be a different matter, but I'm not sure if they'd even offer such a thing.

There are other *90 hump cabins on other decks, so if the person is willing to move up a few decks (moving up would also move them up in category and would incur an additional charge) or down to 6190 (available for your sailing as of this writing) you or RCI may be able to work something out. Good luck!

My family and I are sailing on the Harmony of the Seas August 14, 2016 out of Barcelona. We have 13 balconies all together on deck 7 except for one little hiccup. Balcony cabin 7190 is in the middle of my group, we have 7 balconies all together on one side and 6 balconies all together on the other side. I am trying to find out who has this cabin to see if they would be willing to switch with one of my family that has the same category cabin so that we could open our balcony dividers to have one long balcony, if they allow us to open them that is. I have check with my TA and their company did not get this cabin in their group of cabins. I have called RCI to see if they could contact the people on my behalf and of course they said that they could not call anyone and ask them to switch cabins. I would like to do all of this before we get on the ship, but if not maybe I can do it once we get on the ship. Does anyone have this cabin for this sailing or know of someone that does? I have posted in my roll call as well. Any advice about this would also be appreciated. TIA.

You have got to be kidding???

Personally,

if that was the one thing I wanted ( to get all of the rooms continuous)

a. I would have just picked a different section of the ship that had the rooms

b. if someone does answer your role call or however you may reach them. Why don't , instead of offering them $40.00 worth of wine. Why don't you offer to pay the difference to upgrade them to a junior suite? you have ten rooms booked for probably less than 100 per room you could just pay the upgrade? maybe that's worth it to have your 100' wide balcony?

Personally,

if that was the one thing I wanted ( to get all of the rooms continuous)

a. I would have just picked a different section of the ship that had the rooms

b. if someone does answer your role call or however you may reach them. Why don't , instead of offering them $40.00 worth of wine. Why don't you offer to pay the difference to upgrade them to a junior suite? you have ten rooms booked for probably less than 100 per room you could just pay the upgrade? maybe that's worth it to have your 100' wide balcony?

At the time that we started to book we only had 6 cabins connected so it was not an issue. Then more family wanted to go so we needed more cabins and supposedly these were the only cabins available to my TA.

Offering to pay for an upgrade is a possibility as well. It is something that I would also consider.

That's a joke right? I can't believe someone would consider asking total strangers to open their balcony up so you can all walk back and forth on their balcony. Mind boggling..................

Edited by bouhunter

That's a joke right? I can't believe someone would consider asking total strangers to open their balcony up so you can all walk back and forth on their balcony. Mind boggling..................

If I'm invited to the parties and I get some sort of incentive I wouldn't have a problem with it. I don't see the issues with asking. The person accepting is a different story, but if you'd get mad by someone asking you this you really have bigger issues.

If I'm invited to the parties and I get some sort of incentive I wouldn't have a problem with it. I don't see the issues with asking. The person accepting is a different story, but if you'd get mad by someone asking you this you really have bigger issues.

They would definitely be invited to all the parties that we would be having and I'm sure we could come up with some incentives for them doing this for us. Now if they don't accept we will just have to live with what we have, but like people are saying, it doesn't hurt to ask.

You're the one with some "issues" if you don't see the unbelievable selfishness and ignorance of such a request in the first place.:rolleyes:

Edited by bouhunter

Yes, I'd probably agree for that reason as well (especially if there was a sweetener lol). Bear in mind too that although the person may have chosen the cabin specifically (especially if its on the hump), not everybody is fussy. I've never ever chosen a cabin specifically - I just don't care that much. If its a balcony cabin, that's all I need to know - no preference for mid, aft or forward, no preference for deck. I do prefer to be near the elevators (especially on the big ships) but I don't feel strongly enough about that to refuse to move cabins in a situation like this.

ABSOLUTELY would not open my balcony dividers, though! Seriously?;)

You're the one with some "issues" if you don't see the unbelievable selfishness and ignorance of such a request in the first place.:rolleyes:

No, I can't agree with this. As I said in my previous post, I don't really care about what cabin I'm in - I've never gone to the trouble of picking one specially. I just take the one the travel agent assigns me. If I was asked nicely (I wouldn't appreciate someone demanding it) I would be happy to help.