Cabin noise anthem

My wife and I were on the Anthem (14 days) this past June/July.

We were in Cabin 6296 and yes, the Galley for the Cafe270 is right below this cabin. Every morning at 4:00am they would bring out all the pots and pans necessary to bake and prepare items. It all stopped at 6:00am usually. To make matters worst, there is a huge staff elevator bank across the hall. Loads of noise! The third day I checked in with guest services and they talked to the cooks and it did get a little better, but they still need to do their job. They sent us a bottle of wine, but did not offer to move us. Normally I would never book a cabin just above, or below a public area, but this was a last minute upgrade.

Sounds like many issues on deck 6? By the way, we had a wonderful cruise and the ship is spectacular.

Kel:)

• 2 weeks later...
Might you be so kind as to describe the obstruction on the balcony. Was there a large lifeboat? Was it a decent view.

Sorry about that rattling noise, I experienced it on the Celebrity Reflection. Just awful. Many thanks.

The pic attached depicts the obstruction in room 6660.

image.jpg.724d42423a1da3afa57f5ff129675fd6.jpg

Realising how lucky we were. 6246 had no noise (a little creaking, maybe, on the Bay of Biscay) and had an unobstructed view. But then it was a D3. Didn't hear the neighbours, there was nothing of interest below (maybe the swooshy doors on deck 5) and no interior cabins or crew areas opposite. :cool:

We had a strange creaky cabin (only when sea was a bit choppy - Bay of Biscay!)

Creaks came from inside wall between bathroom and bedroom and from ceiling.

Again - told to put it down to it being a new ship.. (You can request earplugs from Cust Services - someone said)

But really not a major issue - more weird than annoying.

We were in JS Deck 10.

Lisa

x

• 3 weeks later...

We also have a weird noise issue on our recent Anthem cruise, it didn't bother us but we never actually figured it out. We had two of the small internal staterooms on deck 8, and they were at a weird part of deck 8 that was like this little internal hallway with two internal cabins across the hall from each other (we actually had a lot of trouble finding it at first). So, between two stateroom floors and tucked away on the inside you would think it would be super quiet (as long as you didn't have noisy neighbors, which we didn't). There was some kind of noise, I am not even sure how to describe it except it sounded like what I would think it sounds like on a lower deck when the ship is docking, or huge doors are being opened and closed. It never disturbed anyone or kept them up (we sleep with earplugs on cruises regardless, because ships all have their own little creaks) but I also never figured out what it was.

We also have a weird noise issue on our recent Anthem cruise, it didn't bother us but we never actually figured it out. We had two of the small internal staterooms on deck 8, and they were at a weird part of deck 8 that was like this little internal hallway with two internal cabins across the hall from each other (we actually had a lot of trouble finding it at first). So, between two stateroom floors and tucked away on the inside you would think it would be super quiet (as long as you didn't have noisy neighbors, which we didn't). There was some kind of noise, I am not even sure how to describe it except it sounded like what I would think it sounds like on a lower deck when the ship is docking, or huge doors are being opened and closed. It never disturbed anyone or kept them up (we sleep with earplugs on cruises regardless, because ships all have their own little creaks) but I also never figured out what it was.

Interesting. I wonder if you had something mechanical next to you, or perhaps the ship's exhaust system ran next to you or something. I certainly would have expected your cabin location to be super quiet too!

• 9 months later...
My wife and I were on the Anthem (14 days) this past June/July.

We were in Cabin 6296 and yes, the Galley for the Cafe270 is right below this cabin. Every morning at 4:00am they would bring out all the pots and pans necessary to bake and prepare items. It all stopped at 6:00am usually. To make matters worst, there is a huge staff elevator bank across the hall. Loads of noise! The third day I checked in with guest services and they talked to the cooks and it did get a little better, but they still need to do their job. They sent us a bottle of wine, but did not offer to move us. Normally I would never book a cabin just above, or below a public area, but this was a last minute upgrade.

Sounds like many issues on deck 6? By the way, we had a wonderful cruise and the ship is spectacular.

Kel:)

We are booked to sail in cabin 6296 in Oct and very concerned about the view and how badly it may be obstructed. Could you please advise and maybe even share pics? Thanks in advance. We greatly appreciate your help!

We were in Stateroom 12628 in October and we had a torrid time from the noise of gushing water from the overflow pipe of the Circular wave pool (that's what the Engineers thought anyway).

It was constant for about 10-12 hours a day for 14 whole days.

They said they were having to go back to the shipbuilder to find a solution

I am guessing this has now been sorted as no-one has said anything.

In defence of RCCL, although the ship was full and we could not move rooms, they did everything they could to make life a bit more pleasurable so well done RCCL for that

That PR line about new ships "settling in", like a house, is a "crock". As to creaking, you see, ships need to flex, both hull and superstructure. This can cause creaking inside cabins, in rougher seas even more. Although extremely well-built, QE2 was still creaking after 30 years in service. Ships creak, in some places more than others.

As to mechanical noises and deck noises from above below, that is a different matter.

You're on a ship, it is a moving, sort of living creature. It is not a house on a foundation that "settles" with time.

Bring ear plugs.

We are booked to sail in cabin 6296 in Oct and very concerned about the view and how badly it may be obstructed. Could you please advise and maybe even share pics? Thanks in advance. We greatly appreciate your help!

Hello!

We sailed in 6294 this past May... if you go to the link below I posted photos of the view from our balcony in post #50. You would be in the cabin directly to the left and unfortunately will have the davit also blocking part of your view.

Also, I'll warn you to be prepared for significant noise due to the crew hallway/elevators being directly across the hall.

Otherwise, our room steward in that section was great and we loved Anthem!

We liked our deck 6 cabins. No noise at all, and very convenient. I would book 6556 again every time!

We also had 6566, which was in the center of a lifeboat. No noise, but we decided that obstructed view is not really for us.

We were in 10170 in May. Best cabin ever. It was only steps away from the elevators yet never heard any noise. The balcony was slightly angled which made it a bit bigger than the standard balconies. The bed was by the balcony which wouldn't have been my first choice, but it was fine and in the end made no difference at all.

The one thing I haven't seen on any CC reports was a behind the scenes galley tour which was offered without any fanfare or even in the Compass. We happened to find out about it from our waiter in the Solarium Bistro. I'm not even sure if this tour is given on every cruise or just this one since I had never heard of it before, but it cost $35 and goes to the galleys of the specialty restaurants, ending up with a champagne lunch at the Grande. What's even better, and something we didn't learn until the tour itself, is that the money was going to the Make A Wish Foundation to benefit children in the Caribbean countries.

Google knows all. Searching for Anthem 6296 turned this up:

http://anthemoftheseas.blogspot.com/p/obstructed-alconies.html

Was recently in 6162 on Anthem and believe much of the deck 6 noise is caused by creaking lifeboat davits / chains. Also, we thought we were in a good spot above the photo shop, but folks exiting the theater would stand outside on deck 5 right below us and converse loudly until late at night.

I'll be in 6630 which is an inside studio. Tucked away in between cabins that can be combined for a family suite. I guess the noise will depend on my neighbors. But I live in NYC and total quiet makes me nervous! I like background noise or I can't sleep.

Hello!

We sailed in 6294 this past May... if you go to the link below I posted photos of the view from our balcony in post #50. You would be in the cabin directly to the left and unfortunately will have the davit also blocking part of your view.

Also, I'll warn you to be prepared for significant noise due to the crew hallway/elevators being directly across the hall.

Otherwise, our room steward in that section was great and we loved Anthem!

Sorry, I was posting from my phone and apparently the link did not come through! Here it is! =)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2217996&page=3