Inside room for three on Gem

As far as I know the beds will swing down and most if not all I sides do not have a sofa..... But it is possible some will.....check the floor plan pix online

Just an FYI on the ba the uppers are Hidden in the ceiling of the cabin so don't take up room....are easy for the steward to push back up by day....and no hitting your head

You should understand that the gem upper configuration will be obstructive but that never deters us!!!! Lol

We are on the gem in an inside triple in January

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As far as I know the beds will swing down and most if not all I sides do not have a sofa..... But it is possible some will.....check the floor plan pix online

Just an FYI on the ba the uppers are Hidden in the ceiling of the cabin so don't take up room....are easy for the steward to push back up by day....and no hitting your head

You should understand that the gem upper configuration will be obstructive but that never deters us!!!! Lol

We are on the gem in an inside triple in January

Thank you for your quick reply luvtheships. I figured that was most likely how they did it.

Some of the inside room only has one bunk bed that folds down from the side of the wall. So what happen is the room attendant would bring in a rollaway as the 4th bed every evening.

I recall there was a thread about this earlier. The OP was shock when he found out about one of the people in his party will be sleeping in a rollaway.

Edited by William W

Yes the rollaway is not a good thing but come to think of it I have seen rollaways when passing by insides

Just wondering if I have ever seen an inside with 2 pull downs though?

On princess my 4 kids had an outside with 2 uppers and 2 lowers and as we only did connecting triples on ncl I'm not sure how they work as we never did an inside quad

If you call ncl chances are you will get incorrect Info so be very forceful and also do check out other sources for info on the configuration

I was in a gem triple inside a few years ago with only one pull down bed

Edited by luvtheships

I do not believe you are getting accurate info here in all cases about the Gem for inside rooms. I believe your most likely scenario is to get one swings open off the wall, two on the sides on the floor, and one that slides out and pops up from one of the side beds to make a wall of beds across.

There was a thread asking about this a couple months back - don't recall if it was the Gem, Jewel, or Pearl but I looked at CDP and over the years have not seen an inside on the Gem with the two beds on the wall. It might exist, but I've never seen it.

I'll have to look for the other thread - while we never concluded 100% that these don't exist, we had more evidence that they didn't.

Edited by dexddd

Just to add my 2 cents in here, the following photos were in our earlier reviews - these were taken on the GEM (oceanview, same side & setup/layout as the typical inside - deck 5 FWD) and similar to the ones on the Jewel and the Star.

We're assigned (GTY) to a OV that hold up to 4 - with just 2 of us, so it was fine. Bed #3 is up against one wall & drop down as a pullman. Bed #4 is the trestle bed that's folded & slide underneath the twin bed (as a Queen/King when placed together)

We slided our bed against one wall, away from the wall with the bed hanging on the wall - so we had more room on some side of the bed. The beds together can become one giantic super-king bed that span the width of the cabin for sleeping by 3 - so parents with a child might actually find that to be extremely roomy vs. the child sleepin on the pullman bed (with the safety railing up) & not having to climb up & down (or, for a teen or adult, for that matter :D )

SDC10496.JPG

SDC10497.JPG

SDC10364.JPG

The only exception might be on the Dawn where there're some sideway inside cabins with beds coming down both walls, not 100% sure but I did recall reading about it & it's been over 10 years since we sailed her (out of NYC homeport then) Like Dexddd wrote, it's possible that the GEM might have a few cabins with beds on both walls but I don't recall reading anything about it.

Does anyone know the configuration of the inside rooms that sleep four on the Gem? I will be cruising with my two young grand-daughters and we have one of these inside rooms. Are the two additional beds the type that swing down from the wall to open the third and fourth beds?

On the Star there was one that swung down from the wall and one trundle bed.

I think some have two drop down beds instead.

On the Star there was one that swung down from the wall and one trundle bed.

I think some have two drop down beds instead.

On the Star and Dawn, the only ones I've seen with two on the wall thus far are on 12 when they got added when Spinnaker was removed.

Yes the rollaway is not a good thing but come to think of it I have seen rollaways when passing by insides

Just wondering if I have ever seen an inside with 2 pull downs though?

On princess my 4 kids had an outside with 2 uppers and 2 lowers and as we only did connecting triples on ncl I'm not sure how they work as we never did an inside quad

If you call ncl chances are you will get incorrect Info so be very forceful and also do check out other sources for info on the configuration

I was in a gem triple inside a few years ago with only one pull down bed

I *think* on my Gem cruise last year, my Inside (I1 category) fits 4 and had a pulldown from the wall and a pulldown from the ceiling.

(I traveled solo so never tried it.)

good god! 3-4 people in an inside cabin will be very tight, get a balcony or a mini-suite.:eek:

i think 3 people in the Gem is doable.

3 people in the Breakaway is tight, since Breakaway Insides are smaller than the Gem's. :(

• 2 months later...
I *think* on my Gem cruise last year, my Inside (I1 category) fits 4 and had a pulldown from the wall and a pulldown from the ceiling.

(I traveled solo so never tried it.)

May I ask what cabin you we in? We are traveling with our 2 teenagers and i was hoping to not have a roll-away or trundle. :eek:

good god! 3-4 people in an inside cabin will be very tight, get a balcony or a mini-suite.:eek:

No thanks. I'll stick with my $1800 per cabin for 3 of us tax and port included for our 10 day on the gem with my 2 college kids

We travel quite often due to the fact that I snag deals like this. Even when all 6 of us travel we always take the least expensive cabin so we have more money for fun in port and pre and post cruise and usually stretch out a 12 med cruise to a 21 day vacay due to savings on the ship

I guess the fact that we live on the cape cod ocean just inches from our doorstep for a few weeks each summer helps us to realize we don't need or want high end cabins Ymmv