Choosing new TA after booking with another one

Safety Squirrel

I do not know if this question has been asked before. I used a TA for many years until she retired. I subsequently used her replacement for several cruises. I am not happy with the current TA. Is it possible to change my TA on two booked cruises? Would I just go to the new TA and have them change my reservation to them?

Thanks for your help.:)

The best course of action (if possible) would be for you to rebook your two existing cruises with your new TA and then cancel your original bookings with your old TA.

Normally you have to request that your old TA release your bookings to the new TA. They can refuse to do this, which could create hard feelings and make dealing with them uncomfortable. Unfortunately X is not inclined to get involved with this.

And just of note, if you are using a future cruise credit, you are more or less stuck with this TA for your existing booking. If you cancel, you would most likely lose your deposit....depending of it was an open booking or not.

If no other options, you may want to tough it out and move to a different TA afterwards. ??

Thank you for your replies:D Guess I will have to stick it out with booked cruises with the current TA. I book in Canadian dollars and the dollar was $.90 - it has now dropped to $.78, so will make a difference in the amount. Plus was able to get a concierge cabin of my choice.

Will use the new TA (who has been recommended to me) for future cruises.

Thanks for the information