Chef Table Solo?

vinsheer

I know that the Chef's Table seats 14. I'm wondering if this is for couples only? I would love to try it once and maybe even go solo, though my husband will be on the cruise. This would not be his cup of tea. He can barely sit through dinner in the main dining room. He thinks the meal is too drawn out, although lately he's been making it all the way to dessert! Have any of you gone solo or without your mate? I wouldn't want to bump a couple for one person either. Thanks in advance for your replies...

I know that the Chef's Table seats 14. I'm wondering if this is for couples only? I would love to try it once and maybe even go solo, though my husband will be on the cruise. This would not be his cup of tea. He can barely sit through dinner in the main dining room. He thinks the meal is too drawn out, although lately he's been making it all the way to dessert! Have any of you gone solo or without your mate? I wouldn't want to bump a couple for one person either. Thanks in advance for your replies...

I have attended the Chef's Table 3 times now but never as a solo. I can tell you though that I have met solos there. It is a wonderful experience and we have always had great tablemates. Go for it..You will have a great time.

It does not matter that an even number of people (14)are able to do this experience! NO one will tell you that you cannot book it as a solo person!

You are not the only single person on the ship.

It is also possible that people traveling together may not all wish to do the same activities so it is not unusual for one person to book it and not have others with them.

I went solo to Chef's Table on the Imagination and had a great time! They sat me on the end of the table, so chef was talking right to me, I made friends with a couple who was traveling with his mother. She had a bit of a hearing issue and kept asking me "dearie, what did he say that was?" They were very kind and interesting.

I told my DH all about it and now he wants to go on our next cruise! He's not much of a foodie, but when I told him how much fun I had, he was sold. :)

I'm surprised he would pass up the opportunity to meet 12 new friends.

My only concern is they would have to have another solo, or a trio, quintuplet, or any off amount to balance it out. We last cruised as a trio, and as one wasn't interested, we skipped it.

The very first Chef's Table we did there was a woman there as a single. So yes, they do take reservation for ONE.

I have attended several chefs table as solo and loved every one. On most the food was great and the conversation was lively. However on one I was at the end of the table with two couples who only seemed to talk to their mates. So while I enjoyed the food and the presentations , I felt a bit excluded on that one. I wish if there is a solo attendee they would be sure to place them in the middle to ensure the best chances for conversation.

I think if your husband went to Chefs table, he would enjoy himself very much.

I am also a husband that believes dinners last too long in MDR. But I've done Chef's table 3 times now and enjoyed every one.

Do both of yourselves a favor and enjoy it together.

Edited by LuckyZ