2 adults and 2 under 21s - how to book?

Hi,

My wife and I are wanting to book 2 GTY cabins - 1 for us and 1 for our under 21 daughter and her similarly under 21 boyfriend.

The website does not permit cabins to be booked without an "adult" in the room.

We can book 1 adult and 1 "child" in each room via the website - if we go ahead and do that, can we, once on board, get the room assignments swapped, or maybe just additional room keys? Any advice appreciated.

Also we are travelling ex Australia so the "children" should be OK with alcoholic drinks as they are both over 18.

Thanks

Basically exactly what you said. My parents took my brother and I when we were both under 21 but over 18.

We had side by side rooms, booked 1 parent plus 1 child in each room. Then when we got on board just went to Guest Services and they fixed the room keys for us.

Hi,

My wife and I are wanting to book 2 GTY cabins - 1 for us and 1 for our under 21 daughter and her similarly under 21 boyfriend.

The website does not permit cabins to be booked without an "adult" in the room.

We can book 1 adult and 1 "child" in each room via the website - if we go ahead and do that, can we, once on board, get the room assignments swapped, or maybe just additional room keys? Any advice appreciated.

Also we are travelling ex Australia so the "children" should be OK with alcoholic drinks as they are both over 18.

Thanks

Deleted.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Used to be that guests were allowed to put the kids in their own cabin so long as they were within a certain proximity to the parents cabin (we've done it). But these arrangements had to be made over the phone. Even if it's still permitted, I'm not so sure you could do it with GTY cabins as those are assigned somewhat last minute and could be located anywhere (no idea if they make any attempt to keep them near one another). Best to call and ask.

While they may try to keep them together, it really doesn't matter since there will be one adult and one "child" in each cabin. No one cares who actually sleeps where once on the ship.

Are you sure they can't book a cabin at 18 anyway in Australia? In the UK you can book and sail in a cabin at 18. I would check into the rules from Australia as they could be the same.

The problem with the website is that it can't 'think' beyond the US rules. For instance we were never able to book a drinks package for our son, who was over 18 and entitled to the package in Europe, as the website only recognises 21 as an adult even when the rules are different in Europe.

I would make a phone call - or if you really don't want to do that you can always do as others suggested and swap keys once you're onboard.

Edited by Bobal