How much time to transfer booking to TA?

• 3 weeks later...
Bob, is there any wiggle room if I call them? I'm talking about a cruise that"s 450+ days away. Have you ever heard of anyone getting an extension?

No, I've not heard of an extension. They seem to be pretty rigid about that. In fact, I had to recently argue with them about a Next Cruise transfer because they wanted to use the purchase date of the NC.

Bob, is there any wiggle room if I call them? I'm talking about a cruise that"s 450+ days away. Have you ever heard of anyone getting an extension?

RCI doesn't seem to want to wiggle......they haven't when we've asked anyway:(

FWIW, our onboard bookings go straight to our TA at time of booking

That's what usually happens, but you can elect to not to assign to a TA by checking a box on the form. Talking to a C&A agent a few weeks back, they told me I can transfer a NCB to a TA as long as I am more then 60 days from final payment and within 60 days of making the actual reservation.

I believe direct booking and on board have the same time frame. (guessing here)

I booked direct with RCL and my 60 days lapsed. I was booking another cruise with my TA and gave her the sob story that I missed the 60 day deadline. If memory serves it was closer to 100+ days.

My TA said that many times they can still get the booking transferred when the date has passed. It worked in my case and they were able to have the cruise transferred to their agency.

We booked on board and booking was automatically transferred to TA. Was told by Guest Relations that booking was fully transferable to any cruise up to 75 days before final payment date and that all on board booking offers would apply to the transferred booking. TA tried to transfer and had issues. RCL finally agreed to transfer but refused to honour on board offers. I am trying to get RCL to fix this issue with our booking as TA had no success but RCL customer service are wont talk to me.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk