Statendam passenger missing between Victoria and Seattle

HawksFan74

Who is "they" ?

We were in an OV on the stern. About 1 AM, I heard a lot of crashing and banging and loud voices. Called UT No one picked up the phone.

Who is "UT" ?

Do you honestly think that bringing up this very sad thread & questioning posters about their use of words or codes on it was necessary..

IMO this thread should have been left on Page 3..

Edited by serendipity1499

We were in an OV on the stern. About 1 AM, I heard a lot of crashing and banging and loud voices. Called UT No one picked up the phone.

Do you honestly think that bringing up this very sad thread & questioning someone about their use of words or codes on it is necessary..

IMO this thread should have been left on Page 3..

I couldn't agree more. How insensitive...

Unfortunately, I think not...we heard something crash into our stateroom window early this morning around 2:15am.

How horrifying for you to have had an image this person could have hit your window.

It disturbs me no answer at Front Desk. There are any number of emergencies that can happen at any time day or night and there should always be an answer. What if you had dialed 911? I wonder if that would ring to Security Officer? I would really like to know if Front Office is manned 24/7 as I always 'assumed it is. :eek:

for what seems to many as being insensitive to this tragedy.

That was not my intent, and I NEVER would have asked those questions if I thought for a second they would be interpreted that way.

My reason for asking was simply to better understand the poster's experience, and gain clarity on what was being described. It was the first time I had read the thread, and I was trying to follow the chain of events.

Since I am always trained on each ship that I work to call the bridge in an emergency, I am not familiar with the term "UT" and so I asked. Had the poster been describing the experience to me in person, I would have asked the same question in order to learn the term, and understand the events.

As for lights outside the window, I was attempting to understand the description of the experience, and follow who would be outside an ov room.

Again, I'm very sorry. I meant no disrespect of any kind to anyone.

Edited by Boatdrill

We embarked on the 13th but didn't hear anything until that evening when we met up with some roll call peeps that actually had the cabin across from this gentleman's (on the Main Deck). They said when they went to their cabin after boarding that the cabin across from theirs had yellow "Do Not Enter" police tape across the door and they were miffed about it. Later they heard that someone had gone missing and that yes, his things, including his passport, were found in the cabin. That night when we met up they showed us the first article on-line about it. We never heard another word during the two weeks onboard.