Easy to Upgrade a TA at Embarkation?

zdcatc12

Going on the Jade in October. Currently have a BD. I read on another post that TAs usually go out between 50-75% full. Haven't upgraded yet, because no deals have been out there. I was wondering if you can upgrade at embarkation and maybe get a better rate?

Going on the Jade in October. Currently have a BD. I read on another post that TAs usually go out between 50-75% full. Haven't upgraded yet, because no deals have been out there. I was wondering if you can upgrade at embarkation and maybe get a better rate?

IF an upgrade is possible it will not be at any kind of discount price. They already have you on the ship so no incentive to give you a deal.

The Jade will probably be very close to being full.

What will be 50% to 75% will be The Escape on Her Inaugural Transatlantic Crossing.

How about escape after that, let's say may 2015 what will be your prediction?

Thanks

Your time to upgrade is after final payment when prices start dropping. We took the TA on the Star last Oct and upgraded several times, from Inside to Mini-suite for very little ($40 total). The last upgrade was less than two weeks before sailing. Watch the prices online, constantly, like several times a day. When the next category drops in price to where it is the same as what you already paid or close enough that you are willing to pay the different then call or email. We have a great PCC that I emailed each time and he was great in making the changes.

Upgrading at embarkation has almost become a thing of the past. It is available but rarely. As for a discount, the best you could hope for would be a slight upgrade at the same price you are now paying for your BD. Whether the ship sails full or not probably has little to do with anything at embarkation. Rates do drop sometimes prior to sailing, but no reason on the day of.

Edited by newmexicoNita