Should I go and prepay service charge?

mcatmcat

I was wondering if I should add prepaid service charge to my upcoming escape cruise or let them charge it to my credit card after the cruise is back to port, any benefits on doing it at all?

Thank everyone !

You are going to pay them sooner or later, the only question is when do you want the charge to hit your CC. It is really a personal decision.

Sure, no interest, but how do you get around the 3% fee for accessing it?

I don't like to prepay, but I will admit I find it hard to get past the 14 lines of DSC on my bill at the end. But without UBP, my drinks take up a lot more space on the bill than that. I think next cruise, I will draw a line through them to remove the distraction. With the "free" UBP, my final bill should be pretty slim.

Good point re: the 3% access fee!!

That said, though, am pretty sure if you "do the math" you're still saving a fair amount of $$ even with the 3% charge (which we DON'T have to pay on this transaction). Of course it all depends on how much, the length of the zero percent interest rate, what happens if you DON'T pay it all off within the time frame, etc. etc.

Gotta read the fine print! lol