Laundry Question for Viking Cruisers

crewsgirl

Getting serious on the packing here for our Rhine cruise (with a few days ahead in Amsterdam) and wanted to get your insight regarding use of the laundry services on Viking. If you used their laundry, were you pleased and how much did you spend? Would you use it again?

We want to pack light as we are traveling independently in Amsterdam. So, ladies who have recently returned from Viking's Rhine Getaway, please share your tips on attire choices for ease of comfort & weather changes.

Thanks!

On both viking cruises (Last one a few months ago from Amsterdam) we were pleased with the way our laundry was handled…very well done…similar in price to ocean cruise cost for same service…maybe $6 for pants…less than $20 for a whole bag of stuff...

Edited by tml1230

On both viking cruises (Last one a few months ago from Amsterdam) we were pleased with the way our laundry was handled…very well done…similar in price to ocean cruise cost for same service…maybe $6 for pants…less than $20 for a whole bag of stuff...

Thanks so much, tml! that sounds reasonable and maybe I can skip packing all the extra stuff. I may try it.

I have used it on all of our Viking cruises and have been very pleased with the service and quality of it. Can't remember how much it was, but it seemed reasonable and was worth it. Just don't forget you may have some dirty clothes in places you forgot you put them when you are deciding what to get cleaned on the ship. Not that I did that. :eek:

Thanks so much for the info. Am I reading this right...Viking will take a bag of laundry and not just Individual pieces? 20.00 by the bag sounds more affordable than the by the piece price.

We sent out laundry on the Eisler and it came back faster than we could have done it at home! Also, it was folded and wrapped in a box, like a present!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Only in your bathroom sink. I use the shampoo for soap. Works great. ;)

No laundry room on most river ships. :eek:

Uniworld ships have self-service laundry. We're travelling in an aquarium cabin and made sure not to select the one next to the laundry room in case there was noise.

I would appreciate it, if anyone on the viking 'Grand European Tour' notices a self service laundromat in any of the towns along the way. I cannot risk using the Viking laundry service as I have severe allergies. All information would be very gratefully received.

Regards Lesley

There really is no time to do laundry on shore--not enough time. Bring some of your detergent, a camping clothesline and do the laundry in the bathroom sink like so many of us. Package the detergent in single use bags, roll the wet items in the towels and they should dry overnite. Good luck. Pat