Infinity Inside Cabin

RoxiRoo

Hello All,

We cruised in style last time on an Aft cabin -CC. We don't have the $$ to do that this time and want your opinions on an inside cabin. We are looking at a good price on the Alaska cruise in Sept 2016 on Infinity. Are inside cabins horrible? I would prefer to have a window at least, but if it means I can't afford to go - I am willing to take the less expensive inside cabin if it isn't too claustrophobic.

Any advice on inside cabins? I know I don't want to be under the pool deck. :)

Thanks!

Julie

We've cruised all levels except suites and find them all acceptable. Our first 10 or so cruises were all inside and we've jumped back and forth based on pricing and itinerary since then. With the new BBB pricing we are seriously considering returning to all inside.

The most disconcerting thing about an inside is the inability to tell what time it is because of the total darkness. Keep something on your night table with lighted time and you should be fine. I would much rather cruise inside than not at all.

Edited by Kwenz
Misspelling

Hello All,

We cruised in style last time on an Aft cabin -CC. We don't have the $$ to do that this time and want your opinions on an inside cabin. We are looking at a good price on the Alaska cruise in Sept 2016 on Infinity. Are inside cabins horrible? I would prefer to have a window at least, but if it means I can't afford to go - I am willing to take the less expensive inside cabin if it isn't too claustrophobic.

Any advice on inside cabins? I know I don't want to be under the pool deck. :)

Thanks!

Julie

Vast majority of our cruises have been insides, we use only use them to sleep in and love the fact we get to use the rest of the ship the same as everyone else and pay half what many of those in Balcony cabins have paid. We have just cancelled our inside and booked a balcony but only because it worked out cheaper than the inside when taking into account the drinks package. Honestly at full price I don't think balcony's are worth the money just for a tiny outside area but that's just us as many cruisers use them far more than we do. I'm more than happy sitting down one side of a ship listening to music and not bothered about having light or natural air in our room.

I love inside cabins. They're dark and cozy at night. My husband loves balconys. He doesn't want to sail in an inside cabin again. Would we take a cruise if we could only afford an inside cabin? I would. I think my husband would if that was the only way we could afford it.

I don't think it would be a problem if it's a port intensive cruise.

That's a good point about the natural air. I do like to have fresh air.

And the cruise isn't port intensive, however, I am just fine with finding seating somewhere outside. :) Or inside. :)

But - this is the best point - I think I would rather try cruising on the inside cabin than not cruising at all! Alaska is on our bucket list, and we aren't getting any younger!

Julie

We have done several inside and we love it. Dark and cozy at night and we sleep great. We are never in our cabin during the day. We always take a small night light and clock. We have had balcony cabins many times and sometimes realized we never used the balcony. We prefer to be on the pool deck during the day.

We have done several inside and we love it. Dark and cozy at night and we sleep great. We are never in our cabin during the day. We always take a small night light and clock. We have had balcony cabins many times and sometimes realized we never used the balcony. We prefer to be on the pool deck during the day.

We are pretty much the same. The one thing we did like was ordering breakfast from room service and having that on our balcony while looking over a Carribbean Island. But not worth an extra few hundred pounds for us just for breakfast.

I have another quick question - I heard that some of the cruiselines have a tv channel that shows what it looks like outside. Does Celebrity have this? If they do, maybe we could just leave the tv on all night and we would be awakened as the sun rises on the tv?

We've done 2 cruises so far. One on Carnival Fantasy in 1997 for 5 days, and one on Celebrity Silhouette in Jan 2015 for 7 days. Both were inside cabins, and both were very cost effective. My wife and I did fine both times. We weren't in our cabins except to sleep anyway.

That said, we are booked on Celebrity Reflection for Jan 2016 for 7 days and we are going to try a balcony cabin this time.

After January, I'll know if I will be going back to an inside cabin or not.

I have another quick question - I heard that some of the cruiselines have a tv channel that shows what it looks like outside. Does Celebrity have this? If they do, maybe we could just leave the tv on all night and we would be awakened as the sun rises on the tv?

Yes X does have a bridge camera set for the TV. We've done just what you've suggested and found it just fine for getting up with the sun.

We've cruised in every class of non suite cabin and have been very happy with insides. I think there are some insides mid ships near the Library that are a little larger than normal. They were great and very convenient. You might want to look for those, but they are not the cheapest insides.

Go for an inside and enjoy Alaska from the deck!

I did an inside on my last Celebrity cruise and really liked the location. It was deck 11, at the very top and back of the ship. It was the Millennium, so the Infinity should have the same deck plan. The advantage was that it was so accessible to the outside decks. For Alaska, that is something you would want. A few steps from my cabin and I was out the back door and it was a short flight of stairs to the Sunset Bar.

All of X cabins have a cooler, not a full fridge. They work fine for soft drinks, wine and medicine. If you want ice, ask your room attendant. And the attendant usually will empty the items out if you aren't buying any.

Sorry can't help you on that exact room. You might search the M ship sticky at the beginning of this board.

We'll be on the Infinity after she finishes her Alaskan runs. Still have two months to go!

We've enjoyed the midship cabins on the Vista Deck. They are right near the elevator vestibule so quick to get out and see how the weather looks.

If a balcony is only a few hundred more, I would go for that in Alaska....but if more, just use the decks and save your dollars.

On M class we have used 3041 or thereabouts a few times without any problems. Avoid the higher numbers on deck 3 as they occasionally get vibration from the stabilisers when in use in heavy seas.