Buying Alcohol on Ship Options, My First Cruise Next Month

NorthForkPayette

Thrak - You made me chuckle and feel old at the same time! Toll free!

Like that matters anymore!

I do like the idea of "fixing" mocktails though. I tend to be a little too cheap sometimes.

I know I'm getting a little off topic here but I have another question. Do they regulate or care if you bring snacks on board? Maybe it's a dumb question since there is plenty of food already paid for on board. Can get food from the buffet or cafeteria to go all hours of the day. Say it's 1am and I have the munchies but want to eat in my room.

You guys have been a huge help. I can't find any of this information on tier website.

I know I'm getting a little off topic here but I have another question. Do they regulate or care if you bring snacks on board? Maybe it's a dumb question since there is plenty of food already paid for on board. Can get food from the buffet or cafeteria to go all hours of the day. Say it's 1am and I have the munchies but want to eat in my room.

You guys have been a huge help. I can't find any of this information on tier website.

I sometimes bring extra stuff. I end up throwing it out or carting it home. :rolleyes:

You always have room service. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Just remember to compare apples to apples: the $23 is for a half-liter (375 ml).

You obviously don't use the metric system... a Litre is 1000 ml, therefore a half-litre is 500 ml. :)

And yes - my spelling of litre is correct for countries that use the metric system. ;)

Do they regulate or care if you bring snacks on board? Maybe it's a dumb question since there is plenty of food already paid for on board.

I think bringing a few snacks is a good idea. While there's tons of food on board, the kind of salty snacks you might like while having a drink on the balcony are usually not in evidence. I like to bring some peanuts or pretzels, that kind of thing. You won't find that at the buffet.

And as to Princess "regulating" them, they're probably happiest when you bring the most. It's less of their food you'll be eating.

Jim

I think bringing a few snacks is a good idea. While there's tons of food on board, the kind of salty snacks you might like while having a drink on the balcony are usually not in evidence. I like to bring some peanuts or pretzels, that kind of thing. You won't find that at the buffet.

You might be surprised how many cans of Pringles are sold in the ship's Botique.

And as to Princess "regulating" them, they're probably happiest when you bring the most. It's less of their food you'll be eating.

Jim

Ditto. We like to have a nibble on the balcony with a pre-dinner drink, so tend to bring onboard tins of mixed nuts or vacuum-sealed ziploc bags of chips, pretzels or trail mix. Desn't take up too much room and is re-sealable.

Also on the first or second day, I run along to one of the bars and slip the bartender a few dollars and ask for an assortment of lemon & lime slices and a few olives. Those are kept in a glass in the fridge so we can garnish our drinks as needed. makes for a nice little happy hour on our balcony. :)

You obviously don't use the metric system... a Litre is 1000 ml, therefore a half-litre is 500 ml. :)

And yes - my spelling of litre is correct for countries that use the metric system. ;)

You are correct. Sorry for the miscalculation. But you get my drift. I'm sure the OP understood as well.