Twin vs King

This is our first Carnival cruise and I was wondering about the bed situation. When they push the two twins together, do they actually put a king mattress on top or are they just two twins pushed together that we will roll into the crack?

Thanks in advance!:D

Just pushed together and made up with king linens (there might be some sort of padded cover - but you can tell it is two twins). Comfortable enough, and if you prefer to sleep together, the king set up allows for more open floor space in the cabin (unless you are in an inside - then the twin set up will put both beds on the wall with a wider space in between).

Edited by Lisl123

Push 2 twins together, but not much of a crack to fall into. I have felt it before but since the sheet is a king, you really don't "fall" into anything. Besides, have your spouse sleep in the middle and you won't feel a thing.

This is our first Carnival cruise and I was wondering about the bed situation. When they push the two twins together, do they actually put a king mattress on top or are they just two twins pushed together that we will roll into the crack?

Thanks in advance!:D

I'll add one more thing-if you do feel the crack, ask your cabin steward to make the bed with a comforter under the fitted sheet. The comforter also adds cushion.

Unsolicited advice-We find the top comforter on the bed too warm for sleeping. We always ask our cabin steward to use a blanket instead.

Have a great cruise.

Yes, you can feel the crack but not too bad because there is a mattress pad to protect the mattress. We can't handle the hard mattress so this year we are bringing one suitcase with our 3 inch thick memory foam mattress topper. I intend to sleep like I'm on vacation and wake refreshed.:)