Australian drinkers

I note that Carnival will sell their beverage packages on every Carnival sailing of 4nts or more anywhere in the world, EXCEPT sailing from Australia. Do they think we are that bad? I know there are a percentage who drink too much but I think they'd do that whatever the circumstances. It annoys me that Carnival considers that every other nation can buy a package and drink sensibly but not Australians. What do others think?

They are probably right, on one of the early Voyager of the Seas 1 or 2 nighters out of Sydney they sold more booze than some longer 7 night cruises.

Unfortunately put the average Aussie in touch with limitless booze and a frenzy will occur.

Unfortunately put the average Aussie in touch with limitless booze and a frenzy will occur.

Apart from the first day, when some people were obviously trying to get the most out of their drinks package after boarding, we didn't notice any drinking frenzies on our Rhapsody cruise in March.

And Princess are now offering drinks packages on Aussie ships for cruise of 8+ days.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Nice, but I prefer the fruity martinis myself.

Yes, they can be nice too although they aren't true martinis - they are just called that because they are served in martini glasses.

The best one I ever had was many years ago at the Hilton in Auckland. A citrus martini. Very smooth and very lethal. :eek: ;)

I really enjoy trying all the different cocktails on cruises. :)

Yes, they can be nice too although they aren't true martinis - they are just called that because they are served in martini glasses.

The best one I ever had was many years ago at the Hilton in Auckland. A citrus martini. Very smooth and very lethal. :eek: ;)

I really enjoy trying all the different cocktails on cruises. :)

I had a peach flavoured martini once that was so good in so many ways.;)

I had a peach flavoured martini once that was so good in so many ways.;)

The Pan Pacific in Singapore used to do great sakitinis, and the peach one was gorgeous. Apparently since the latest refit they don't have those anymore. :(

I have never heard of Sakitinis.

Essentially saki plus other stuff served in a martini glass. The saki replaces the gin or vodka. I think the peach one was saki, peach schnapps, and a little peach nectar.

Essentially saki plus other stuff served in a martini glass. The saki replaces the gin or vodka. I think the peach one was saki, peach schnapps, and a little peach nectar.

I thought it would be using saki, sounds very nice.

don't know about martini's but would like to know if carnival are going to follow Princess with an alcohol package on Aussie cruises. for those who have already had a package with Princess, how did it all go????