Dress code for Broken Ankle?

jfried8

Not sure I can get away with a long skirt or dress lol....I'm a guy btw!

I've seen men on elegant night wearing Scottish kilts. Saw an Asian guy wearing one as well. I didn't know where that fit into his Scottish heritage but you would be a novelty and get asked lots of questions.:D

I've seen men on elegant night wearing Scottish kilts. Saw an Asian guy wearing one as well. I didn't know where that fit into his Scottish heritage but you would be a novelty and get asked lots of questions.:D

I have always been under the impression theres a massive Punjabi Indian cohort in parts of Scotland.

Tony Singh (famous Celebrity Chef) is probably a good example, he completely rocks the turban and kilt look.

OP, could you buy some 'stripper velcro black trousers? No-one would know unless you got them caught on something..lol.

Edited by Velvetwater

The same thing happened to my brother-in-law just a couple of days before we left on a cruise...broke his ankle and was in a hard cast up to his knee.

The night before elegant night, he went to talk to the Maitre d' and informed him that it was impossible to get long pants over his cast. The Maitre d' told him to wear shorts but come to the dining room 15 minutes before our fixed dining time and he would be allowed to go to his table so no one would see him walking in with shorts. The Maitre d' said this was to avoid any passengers making negative comments even if it was plain to see that he was in a cast.

Hmm very interesting! How did he manage on the cruise? What did he use to get around? did he have surgery?

Hey J, wife and I are doing YTD, if you are also let me know so I can make it a point to point you out and complain :D

The only people that are going to be upset or who would complain about you wearing shorts over your cast, even on elegant night, are the people who post on this board. Your fellow passengers won't care and the Maitre D' has more important things to do then chase you down if you glide -in on your knee scooter.

Have a great trip!

I'm also liking the shorts with a tuxedo shirt/jacket idea. OR...shorts with one of those t-shirts that looks like a tuxedo jacket & shirt.

Seriously, people need to chill out when they're on a cruise and enjoy themselves. Stop worrying about everyone else!

Are you specifically talking about formal night? Because shorts are allowed any other night of the cruise. If formal night, just ask in the dining room, but my guess is they would not turn you away for wearing shorts with an injury. If people get offended, tell them to worry about their own vacation, you've got yours handled.