First Caribbean Cruise: 8 day eastern Caribbean on Navigator

Hello everyone! I am currently looking into an 8 day aboard the Navigator of the seas for March 2016 that visits: Labadee, San Juan, St. Kitts, and St. Marteen. We were also looking into a 7 day eastern on Carnival, but I found this cruise which is only $200 more than carnival and figured hey why not just try RCL and do an 8 day cruise! This would be my first Caribbean cruise and first on RCL! I have done one cruise and it was aboard Princess to the Mexican riviera! I live in California so we would be flying in the day before to FLL! Has anyone done this itinerary? How did you like it? Any tips and what makes RCL better than carnival? Thanks!!

Edited by Alexv500

Hello everyone! I am currently looking into an 8 day aboard the Navigator of the seas for March 2016 that visits: Labadee, San Juan, St. Kitts, and St. Marteen. We were also looking into a 7 day eastern on Carnival, but I found this cruise which is only $200 more than carnival and figured hey why not just try RCL and do an 8 day cruise! This would be my first Caribbean cruise and first on RCL! I have done one cruise and it was aboard Princess to the Mexican riviera! I live in California so we would be flying in the day before to FLL! Has anyone done this itinerary? How did you like it? Any tips and what makes RCL better than carnival? Thanks!!

Some of the periodic Carnival vs RC threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2225829

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2210205

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2200698

Alex, I'm thinking of doing this cruise but in April 2016. It looks like a great itinerary and you get 8 nights...terrific in my book! Don't take Carnival, you'll be disappointed especially after sailing on the Ruby Princess.

And speaking of the Ruby, when are you going to finish your Mexican Riviera review?

Be well, take care and God bless!

I've been on Navigator and Carnival doesn't have anything that even comes close to what is offered on this ship plus it's an 8 night cruise. Navigator with Labadee wins hands down. ( And I'm not a Carnival basher, but I do have issues with what they currently consider to be "entertainment" on their ships.)

Edited by mek

Alex, I'm thinking of doing this cruise but in April 2016. It looks like a great itinerary and you get 8 nights...terrific in my book! Don't take Carnival, you'll be disappointed especially after sailing on the Ruby Princess.

And speaking of the Ruby, when are you going to finish your Mexican Riviera review?

Be well, take care and God bless!

Hey there! I really want to do this cruise! Still working on convincing my grandmother! Everyone keeps on telling me RCL is way better and after looking at pictures of their ships and their quality, I can see why everyone loves them so much! Plus, I have heard flights into Fort Lauderdale are cheaper than Miami, so we'll see what grandma wants to do, hopefully we can do this 8-day RCL cruise, because this is the one I really want to do! 8 days on a cruise? Who wouldn't want to spend 8 days on such a wonderful ship! The destinations the Carnival cruise that we are also looking into are also amazing, but I fear my grandmother won't be as impressed after being spoiled on Princess haha!

As for the review, I will be finishing that up hopefully next week so stay tuned for that!! :)

Edited by Alexv500

In my book, Navigator for 8 days beats any Carnival ship we have sailed for 7 days, at the price difference of $200. We like both Carnival and Royal for different reasons, but if I were faced with the same scenario as you, I would book Navigator.

Don't wait too long! RCI prices have been going up a lot for both our booked sailings. :)