Thanksgiving holiday meal during cruise?

We were on a reposition cruise in the Med over Thanksgiving 2008. They asked us the night before if we wanted a Thanksgiving dinner the next night. Well it was pretty terrible, but the thought was nice. I'll be on the Jewel this year, hopefully it will have gotten better :D

We're dong Thanksgiving on Freedom this year. I was wondering about the meal as well. Good to know not to get our hopes up. Seeing as we usually have fried turkey, my grandmother's dressing (which NO ONE can hold a candle to) and dirty rice on Thanksgiving, I'm sure we'd be let down. LOL!!!

Edited by tlatrice

We're dong Thanksgiving on Freedom this year. I was wondering about the meal as well. Good to know not to get our hopes up. Seeing as we usually have fried turkey, my grandmother's dressing (which NO ONE can hold a candle to) and dirty rice on Thanksgiving, I'm sure we'd be let down. LOL!!!

See you on Freedom :)

The Thanksgiving menu is usually an extra option to whatever the menu of the day is. Turkey, mashed potatoes, etc. I have been known to go to Windjammmer where they are usually slicing ham and turkey along with the fixings ....

See you on Freedom :)

The Thanksgiving menu is usually an extra option to whatever the menu of the day is. Turkey, mashed potatoes, etc. I have been known to go to Windjammmer where they are usually slicing ham and turkey along with the fixings ....

Awesome!

Good to know that the WJ is an option!!! I can get my bowl of Dal along with my turkey! LOL!

Have you joined the Roll Call?

We've been on several Thanksgiving cruises and everyone is correct, it's not as good as home but if you want some turkey and fixings, they have it and it's usually tasty. My family usually insists that I make them a belated Thanksgiving meal after we return home. :)

The worst was on one cruise where they made pumpkin EVERYTHING on Thanksgiving day, such as pumpkin soup, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin turkey stuffing, pumpkin souffle, etc.. Most of it was weird and tasted awful....a couple of the items were OK, but for sure we were off pumpkin for a long time. :p

I want to eat at your grandma's house

I never ever had a good traditional Thanksgiving day meal on any ship.

Truer words have never been spoken. I have had 2 Thanksgiving dinners on cruise ships and they were the worst dinners I ever had on a ship. They made the old Swanson TV dinner look like gourmet dining.

Paul

Tamara, bring your grandmother's recipe and we'll take over the galley :D

Thanks everyone! We're not super traditional about thanksgiving but I can't lie I love the sides more than the turkey. I think we will check out the wind jammers fixings based on the feedback.

We went last year 2015 on a Thanksgiving cruise on Liberty... we thought the Turkey dinner in MDR was awesome! It had everything you'd expect, perfect portion and the pumpkin seed bread was to die for! They had that available every night of the cruise, I dream about that bread! haha

Edited by CamaCama