Photo review Maasdam 7-n Canada/New England cruise June 27 2015

Laurino

Thank you for the wonderful pictures of my home town and stomping grounds of my youth. Vict0riann we HAVE to do this one!!

Definitely looking at it, 1of4, - but it has to be out of Montreal, or back to Montreal, I guess. Sail says the best one is back to Montreal. I'd kind of like the one that includes Saguenay, etc. Boy, they sell out fast!

They are beautiful, silky goats, but I think Laurino's might just have been a kid!

Yes, your Battiste definitively looked older ;)

They even had one Battiste stuffed in their museum, I wonder which # he was?

He also seems to get a sweet ride:

P1050222_zpsj29ztqx4.jpg

Great review. Love your photo of Quebec City from the ship!

Thanks. It's a great skyline seen from the river. However there are some not-so-pretty modern hotel skyscrapers just behind Old town around the Parliament, in the modern city...

P1050211_zpshiayu7gs.jpg

So we escaped Québec just when it started to rain. We used the laundry room onboard this evening, thought it might be crowded the next morning (being a sea day). The laundry room was large and it was quick and efficient to use. We have some sports garments that my partner preferred not to send out for laundry.

The next day was our only sea day, a much needed resting day in our busy overall itinerary. However the bad weather continued and the sea was rough. I tried to walk some laps on the promenade deck, but it wasn't very nice at all. I also wanted to swim or something, a sea day tradition for me, but it was so cold so I settled for the hot tubs by the Lido pool. The magrodome was closed of course, but it leaked like crazy all over!

We went to the Mariner's brunch. They had the medallion ceremony during the lunch, that was sort of interesting since we've never seen one. One lady got her bronze medallion. One couple on board had 1800 HAL days! We're only 2 star so far. The pins and medallions were on display too:

IMG_0543_zpsrxapr2vl.jpg

I've already showed some ship interior photos, and we didn't do that much this day. I went to a lecture about the Halifax explosion, which is an interesting subject, but it was disappointing that it only consisted of our own cruise director just reading a script she had compiled from Wikipedia etc.

It was our first gala night. We wore tan slacks, shirts, ties and sports jackets. We had sent out the jackets for pressing, very convenient. So I can at least share some food pics from the MDR:

IMG_0549_zpsqyttisc3.jpg

IMG_0550_zps7pzdfxzf.jpg

IMG_0551_zpsdgyl5lod.jpg

The second formal night had the real Surf'n'turf.

Dessert pic, but from the previous night in Québec:

IMG_0540_zpswitqhzfd.jpg

Definitely looking at it, 1of4, - but it has to be out of Montreal, or back to Montreal, I guess. Sail says the best one is back to Montreal. I'd kind of like the one that includes Saguenay, etc. Boy, they sell out fast!

I kind of like the idea of a B2B! But Boston to Montreal works too then I can experience what my Scottish grandparents did when they came over to Montreal. But that was in 1911 so I am sure a few things have changed!

Today we arrived in Charlottetown. The sail in and out of Prince Edward Island is beautiful:

P1050500_zps6jmeeaes.jpg

We had booked a rental car through Enterprise. We called them from the terminal and they picked us up. We drove towards Cavendish, we popped by the visitor centre and purchased parks passes for PEI National park. Our first stop of the day was (Anne of) Green Gables House:

P1050344_zpsxlzknmhu.jpg

"Anne's room":

P1050332_zpsc5fir9xv.jpg

We also stopped by "Avonlea village", which is actually a shopping mall, but it's nicely done with authentic buildings moved here:

P1050351_zps3eg9pvwx.jpg

We drove into PEI NP and went to Cavendish beach, which was lovely, but we only dipped our feet:

P1050364_zpshvkg6shr.jpg

P1050374_zpszfxm6q0b.jpg

From Cavendish we continued inside PEI NP east on the Gulf Shore Parkway. We stopped several times to admire the red cliffs and the birdlife:

P1050387_zps76q7kn9r.jpg

P1050417_zpsva997qq3.jpg

We stopped for lobster roll lunch in North Rustico Harbour, a very pretty fishing village:

P1050425_zpsor2xntla.jpg

The scenery was lovely but everything took it's time and we were actually getting a bit stressed by the short port time, we didn't have time to linger or do as many stops as I would have liked. We drove via Dalvay-by-the-Sea on our way back:

P1050442_zpsrrbileee.jpg

There was surprising amounts of traffic around Charlottetown and we even ran into a traffic jam (probably because of an accident), so we had to turn around and do a big detour to get back into town. When we returned, the rental agency had closed. We dropped of the keys and shared a taxi with some other passengers back to the terminal. We didn't have time to see Charlottetown at all. Also had to have time for a quick wifi-stop in the terminal, before boarding.

The sail away was beautiful and we saw some pretty lighthouses:

P1050463_zpsz4fooops.jpg

P1050476_zpszr3wkzlk.jpg

That night we had our Pinnacle Grill dinner, we had some OBC to burn. I liked the décor and location of this PG, compared to the Vista/Signature class, it seemed more tasteful with less color and brighter with more window tables. The food and service was good as usual. We got Mushroom cappuccino, Crab cakes, Lobster bisque, Petite filet mignon, Cheesecake/mousse and Chocolate cake...

IMG_0559_zpsdldoekft.jpg

IMG_0560_zpskk13ymwg.jpg

IMG_0561_zps6jx375kk.jpg

IMG_0562_zpsfvfzv1vm.jpg

IMG_0565_zpsmmbp4irp.jpg

If I could, I would totally make off with the coffee service tray. Every cruise I am on, it sits on the table begging for a home on dry land. I just know it.

Yes I love them too! If I had one, I would replace one of the bowls with one more mini-pitcher for the coffee/tea. The shelf could just as well be used for cookies.

Yes I love them too! If I had one, I would replace one of the bowls with one more mini-pitcher for the coffee/tea. The shelf could just as well be used for cookies.

My thoughts exactly. It would be something else to walk into a meeting with this in tow. I have my tea, cookies/bon bon, and other items. So perfect.

Henrik, thank you for continuing with your journey. It looks like you did some of the same things we're planning for next month, so DH and I are really enjoying following along on your cruise. This will be our third Canada/New England trip, and each time I fall more in love with the area.

Edited by Cruise_More_Often

Laurino, thanks for sharing you review and photos. We were on the same cruise in 305 forward on deck 6. We really enjoyed the cruise, the ship, the ports and the crew. We missed getting to go to the Pinnacle Grill as it was booked completely before sailing. I'm looking forward to the remainder of your review and your photos. I haven't had time to look at our photos. (We are in the process of building a new home and that is bringing headache after headache.) Tonight is my first night to be on CC since our cruise! Thanks again for taking time to post this review. This has put a good end to a bad day!:)

Thank you all for your kind comments :)

Laurino, thanks for sharing you review and photos. We were on the same cruise in 305 forward on deck 6. We really enjoyed the cruise, the ship, the ports and the crew. We missed getting to go to the Pinnacle Grill as it was booked completely before sailing. I'm looking forward to the remainder of your review and your photos. I haven't had time to look at our photos. (We are in the process of building a new home and that is bringing headache after headache.) Tonight is my first night to be on CC since our cruise! Thanks again for taking time to post this review. This has put a good end to a bad day!:)

Themerle - Thank you and I'm glad to help ;) Btw we got lucky and only got our reservation in PG because someone else canceled.