When You Get THE Call

SAILONNOW

When I have received "the call", the rep has left a message with a special extion to ask for when I call back. When I have a cruise booked, I always try to answer any call coming in with a 305 area code (Miami, Fl.) justin case! Once I was upgraded to the Owners Suite on the CARNIVAL ECSTASY and once offered a really good rate to upgrade to a Grand Suite. Good luck!

(I have also called Carnival and asked if any upgrade possibilities are out there....and perhaps that places me on an interested list for upsell options.

Always answer the "305"!

We got the call ... and upgraded from a balcony to a suite with just a little of the OBC we had accumulated from price drops.

It was a fabulous turn of events for our anniversary ... not sure how we got so lucky, but definitely not complaining. ☺

We received a call on our last two cruises and both times my phone showed "Carnival Cruise" calling. I always book online with Carnival and I do not have a PVP. Both times the deal was really good, not amazing, but worth the price. We upgraded from interior to aft balcony on a trip to Hawaii and were so glad we did.

I've been called a few times and learned a some things. First, I kept the phone # so I can call them if the ship appears to be selling slowly and if you do get an offer that you don't accept ask about what else she has available. Last time I was offered a balcony from a 4A for $125 pp=$250. I said no but asked about OV (which is a bigger cabin on Splendor and Freedom) and got upgraded for $20 pp=$40.

either, but I always book with a TA. Maybe that is why? Because I book through a TA, I would have to call them to see if any upsells/upgrades are available, right?

How close does the upsell/upgrade fairy call to your scheduled cruise? Curious. :confused:

either, but I always book with a TA. Maybe that is why? Because I book through a TA, I would have to call them to see if any upsells/upgrades are available, right?

How close does the upsell/upgrade fairy call to your scheduled cruise? Curious. :confused:

I got the call less than a week before!

Regardless of the cruise line, I have always received the call from my TA. Frequently get "upsell" offers (usually do not take them) and sometimes an upgrade opportunity. When such come, my TA has always worked hard to make sure I know of the opportunity quickly.

I always answer the call from the 305! Gotten 2 upgrades so far, last one was from inside cabin to deluxe ocean suite for 20 bucks:cool: Plus one weird night I was online looking at our booking and I got a popup offering an upgrade deal so I did a screenshot and called just to make sure it was legit because I wasnt aware Carnival did that.

Got a call from 305 area code, didn't answer and he left a message about an opportunity to upgrade from our GS to the Owner's Suite on the Fantasy. I called back about 2 hours later and the offer was no longer available.

I think the upsell fairy has us on speed dial because she has called us for almost every cruise since we've been platinum. She has called anywhere from 2-18 days before the cruise.

I wish she would share our VIFP numbers with the fairy that offers free or almost free cruises!