Venice Disembarkation

Wine-O

I've disembarked in Civitavecchia several times, and it's basically walk off the ship, gather your luggage, and depart in your transport. Is Venice similar? Are there any customs/immigration to deal with if I should bring off a couple bottles of spirits?

I've disembarked in Civitavecchia several times, and it's basically walk off the ship, gather your luggage, and depart in your transport. Is Venice similar? Are there any customs/immigration to deal with if I should bring off a couple bottles of spirits?

It was exactly like Civitavecchia. No worries.

It's at the airport, you will hit customs. Just have your paperwork ready. :cool:

Yes, we departed Venice cruiseport easily, no inspection, customs, passport stamps, etc. However when we left Italy via air 6 weeks later, we had all kinds of questions at immigration about when we entered. Also we drove to Croatia and had more than the usual hard time crossing the borders (Croatia & Slovenia) because we had no stamps showing when we entered Europe. So I would suggest getting your passport stamped at some port along the way to show when you entered Europe.

Yes, we departed Venice cruiseport easily, no inspection, customs, passport stamps, etc. However when we left Italy via air 6 weeks later, we had all kinds of questions at immigration about when we entered. Also we drove to Croatia and had more than the usual hard time crossing the borders (Croatia & Slovenia) because we had no stamps showing when we entered Europe. So I would suggest getting your passport stamped at some port along the way to show when you entered Europe.

We're flying into Venice, taking a 10-day cruise, then rental car to Civitavecchia for the transatlantic. Passports should be stamped entering Venice immigration, then next in Miami. Shouldn't be a problem?

I am wondering if it is possible to make an 11:30 flight out of Venice with customs or if I am cutting it too close. I have never been to this port before. It sounds easy to get off the ship but how easy is it to get from the ship to the airport. Thanks in advance.

So, where could one have a passport stamped in Venice? We're flying into Venice, cruising for one week, then going on to Lake Como and Florence, departing from Florence.

They should stamp it when you arrive in Venice and go thru immigration, or if your flight stops in France or Germany before you reach Venice, you should go thru immigration in one of those other countries and getting your passport stamped then.

I am wondering if it is possible to make an 11:30 flight out of Venice with customs or if I am cutting it too close. I have never been to this port before. It sounds easy to get off the ship but how easy is it to get from the ship to the airport. Thanks in advance.

We had no problems with an 11ish departure several years ago. I was so worried about missing our flight, we ended up getting there too early. I forget the exact times but seems like they couldn't check us (or our luggage) in until 2 hours before our flight.