Xmas or Mew Year

Hi me & my family are looking to book a cruise either over Xmas or new year 2016 out of Florida as we are going to spend a week either before or after the cruise in Florida so I'm just looking to find out when is better Xmas or new year to sail xx

Edited by fiona.anne

Hi, well there will be a group of 10/15 family members in this holiday, we have all cruised once before but we are just looking to see what other cruiser would recommend..... What Xmas dinner is like on board, what do they do to celebrate new year???

We have done one Christmas Cruise. I didn't actually enjoy it as much. For me, Christmas is too much of a "family time" to be on a cruise, even though we did it with our family. Just "not for me."

As for New Years.... NOW THAT WAS A CRUISE! We did 3 years in a row on Freedom of the Seas. FANTASTIC! Decorations are still up, everyone was in great festive moods, etc. New Years Eve was "formal night." Most everyone "dressed to the nines." There was a special meal that was good. Steak, nice dessert, etc. They put hats and noise makers at the tables for all.

The main celebration was on the Promenade. It's packed but great fun. Huge balloon drop, champagne, music. They also had a smaller celebration on the pool deck.

As I said, nearly all dressed up. Not mandatory. I did see one woman in her pajamas, bathrobe (not the white one supplied) and her hair up in curlers. Ok... in a sea of suits, dresses, tuxes, formals, she did sort of stand out. :)

Anyway, if your family is older and you enjoy a great party, I'd opt for New Years without question. By far the best way to celebrate.

Edited by papaflamingo

We're booked Xmas n New Yrs on Harmony 2016. First time for our family to cruise together for Xmas. My DH n I are staying on for the New Year cruise. Lots of families on Xmas cruises than New Years sailing.

Booked Family Christmas Cruise 2016 on Harmony. "FIRST" time doing Christmas cruise with my family 16 so far more to book soon. I can't wait to see my grand children's faces Christmas morning. I look forward to hearing what it is like from other holiday cruisers. I would like to read any tips, likes or dislikes along with must *do's :D