Back again with another timing question - Venice

Meekins

Hi again,

Our cruise leaves Venice at 2pm...we would like to book a 1.25 hour tour of Doge's Palace that starts as 10:45am for that same day. How long does it take to get from the Doge's Palace (or vicinity) to the cruise ship port in Venice?

A private company is offering the same tour at 9am, but it is twice the cost so I would prefer to make this option work if we can!

Thanks in advance for your wisdom :)

If you are talking about "The Secret Itineries" tour - just remember that when the official tour ends you then have free time to wander through the public rooms on your own (included in ticket price) at your own pace. Think you may be cutting it a bit fine.

If you are talking about "The Secret Itineries" tour - just remember that when the official tour ends you then have free time to wander through the public rooms on your own (included in ticket price) at your own pace. Think you may be cutting it a bit fine.

Thanks for your response. I wondered if since the earliest tickets available at 10:45 we could wander the main rooms of the palace ahead of our secret itineraries tour (i.e. arrive ~ 9/9:30 to do this).

After some searching I found a thread that indicated return time to the port at 1 - 1.5 hours so I think maybe a 12pm tour end with a 2pm departure time is going to be too close...unfortunately.

Thanks for your response. I wondered if since the earliest tickets available at 10:45 we could wander the main rooms of the palace ahead of our secret itineraries tour (i.e. arrive ~ 9/9:30 to do this).

After some searching I found a thread that indicated return time to the port at 1 - 1.5 hours so I think maybe a 12pm tour end with a 2pm departure time is going to be too close...unfortunately.

The only way to speed it up would be a water taxi.-20 minutes to the dock at the port plus a few minute walk to the ship. I presume you will have already checked in. A water taxi would be 50-60 euros.

Just a heads up. The Secret Tour leaves you in the middle of Doge Palace which is like a maze with little English signage. It took us at least a half an hour to figure out how to get out of there. Lol

You are absolutely right!! We were in a hurry to get outside after the tour and it took us FOREVER to find our way out including going over the Bridge of Sighs for some reason. I was totally frustrated! It was like trying to get out of an Ikea!

Edited by CathyCruises