Help with Princess ?

LetmeCurise

Hello all,
I hope someone can help me ...
We have cruised with carnival a few times,
But this is our first cruise booked with Princess..
We have booked the Diamond Princess for a Oct. 04 sailing to Mexico,
Question i have is.......
(1) When does Princess list what cabin we have on our Cruise personalizer ?

(2) When we booked we were given a $150.00 shipboard credit from our TA. Does this show anywhere ?

(3) We booked a Cat. # AA Gty.
Does Princess upgrade when you have a Gty. reservation ?

(4) When we booked in Feb. 04 we paid in full, Does this make a differance or have any bearing on what happens with our cabin assignment ?

Thank you for any and all help you might be able to provide us...

We have heard alot of positive things about Princess and are looking foward to sailing on this line.

Hi,

Welcome to the Princess CC board!

1. Your actual cabin may show up anytime between now and a few days before you sail. You most likely will get a cabin assignment about 70 days out (when most people make final payment and they know who realy is sailing) but a cabin can show up anytime before then and may not show up until the very end.

2. The shipboard credit will show up on the booking fax that was sent to your TA. It should also show up on your tickets in which you will probably receive about 30 days out.

3. Princess does upgrade to people who book cabins and a guarantee (it doesn't matter). When you book the cruise and select a category or cabin - Princess asks if you want to be considered for an upgrade.

You booked the highest category before suites. While some people have recieved upgrades from mini-suites to suites, it is not as common as getting an upgrade from AD to AA - obviously because there are fewer suites to hand out. Sometimes it doesn't make sense how people are ugraded - I have heard some who booked an AC be upgraded to a suite when others booked at the same time had booked an AA and had not been upgrade. The reasoning behind the upgrade fairy has yet to be figured out. As long as you are happy with the cabin category you booked (AA) - you should have a great cruise!

4. I am surprised you paid in full that far in advance. I don't think it makes a difference if you paid in full that far in advance (but then again, no one fully understands how the upgrade fairy works). I have been upgraded to suites 2x, and both times we did not make full payment that far in advance. We made final payment at the same time as everyone else. One time, we booked 2 months before the cruise. I know other people who have been upgraded to suites and they also made final payment about 70 days out (when it was due).

I hope you have a great cruise on Princess! The Diamond is supposed to be a great ship!

It is possible to get a room upgrade and then still be upgraded further.

Suite upgrades are normally not given out more then 2 weeks before the cruise. We were notified once 10 days out and another times 3 days out. Though there are always exceptions.

Coral,
Thank you for al your info..
It helps us alot..
We are looking foward to trying Princess as were not in the mood for the Carnival type cruise anymore..
Guess that happens when you hit the middle age thing...
Once again thank you.
Any must have info you can share about Princess would be great...

Archived