Cabana rentals on Labadee

Good morning - I need a little info on the renting of cabanas on Labadee as I am getting conflicting info from Royal. I have a $175 cabana reserved on Meditation beach on Labadee since you can book those online BUT we really want a Nellie's Beach one and was told they can only be booked once onboard. Where do I do this? I have been told by Royal to go to passenger services and do this but then was told by someone else to go to excursion desk and then told by someone else to go to a concierge (which I Think are for the cabins for suite guests). So which is it? Any help out there will be appreciated as I want to do this the first thing I step onboard. Assuming the fire damage from yesterday will be a non issue as our cruise is Nov 8 and glad to hear no one was seriously injured. Last year our entire itinerary got cancelled because of a non working engine pod.

Thanks again for any help. Barb

You would book Nellie's Beach cabanas at the Shore Excursions desk.

If you are in a Grand Suite or better, then you would contact the Concierge a week or two before the cruise.

Edited by clarea

Thanks - It makes sense to me to visit the excursion desk. I knew the suite guests used someone else - hence the concierge. I don't need to worry about those cabanas. I wonder what my chances are of getting a Nellies cabana if I board around 12:30. I do have the one on meditation but like the shadier ones on nellies since several of us have skin cancer and need to be careful.

Barb

Keep watching your cruise planner as well, there have been reports of Nellies cabanas being back on your shore excursion planner as of late. I keep checking my planner for my Jan Oasis cruise but it just has the day bed things

If you think about it and have the time, can you let us know the results? I wanted to book one as well, but I was under the impression I have to wait until I was on the ship. Even if I have to book one in a sunnier spot, I would do that over not having one. Thanks.

A bit off topic (sorry!) - but I had a question regarding the Cabana Rental - in the OP you mentioned $175, is that per person, or the price for the day?

I am sailing in Jan 2016 and was looking at this option for my family of 4.

Thanks!!

A bit off topic (sorry!) - but I had a question regarding the Cabana Rental - in the OP you mentioned $175, is that per person, or the price for the day?

I am sailing in Jan 2016 and was looking at this option for my family of 4.

Thanks!!

All cabana prices are per cabana.

Whitshel - my plan exactly is to keep an eye on the excursions on the Rccl website especially after final payment because I have heard they sometimes open the nellies cabanas up before boarding. When we were on Labadee in January there were two ships docked there that day and over 5000 people. You can imagine how crowded and miserable it was. The chance of getting a cabana that day was up there with winning the lottery.

MaiseyM and JohnnyC - the $175 is a one time fee for the day. This was available for booking on their excursions website. The cabana accommodates up to 6 people these cabanas have 4 wooden posts and are covered top and sides with flowing fabric. The entire inside is solid lounging beds. You get 4 bottles of water, 2 float mats 4 towels and a cabana guy. These are located on Meditation Beach which is all the way toward the back of the island by the roller coaster and under the zip line. There are no trees or shade on this beach as opposed to the nellies area where there is more shade and those cabanas have wooden roofs. You can swim in the waters off the beach. I will post my results here on this post after my cruise Nov 8.

Barb

Thanks Barb - good to know!

I will take the advice also and keep checking back.

I am in the same situation as whitshel posted above - Jan 2016 cruise and only option on the Excursion site is the "Beach Bed Rental"

I am keeping my beach bed cabana rental until I find out if I can get the other. If not, at least we have something. Splitting it six ways for us gals is a cheap enough way to relax and have something besides a lounge chair. Barb