If ship leaves Bermuda at 3, what time do we need to be back on ship?

Baileyjojo

They will tell you in the Freestyle Daily exactly when the back onboard time is.

Typically it is 1/2 hr before sailing. I have also know captains to leave the dock 1/2 hr early if everybody is back on board - ie cards swiped.

What particular sailing to Bermuda has been changed to 3pm. I'm booked for June on the BA and nothing has changed. Still showing 5pm

On the "My NCL" for the Oct. 4, 2015 BA cruise I'm on, the itinerary page now shows a 3 pm departure from Bermuda.

Two or three weeks ago I was monitoring the Bermuda web cam when the BA was scheduled to leave port (right around 4pm est - 5pm their time).

Right when I started questioning why it wasn't leaving, the webcam operator zoomed in on the little customs building to catch a taxi van pulling up. You guessed it... a family jumped out and went running into the building. Minutes later the roll-down doors on the building closed, and the BA dropped its lines and started the departure. They obviously cut it a little too close.

I suppose if nobody gets on the ship until 5pm, we're back to the old departure time. :)

Two or three weeks ago I was monitoring the Bermuda web cam when the BA was scheduled to leave port (right around 4pm est - 5pm their time).

Right when I started questioning why it wasn't leaving, the webcam operator zoomed in on the little customs building to catch a taxi van pulling up. You guessed it... a family jumped out and went running into the building. Minutes later the roll-down doors on the building closed, and the BA dropped its lines and started the departure. They obviously cut it a little too close.

I suppose if nobody gets on the ship until 5pm, we're back to the old departure time. :)

They were likely not specifically waiting for them causing a delay. As a previous poster said the ship was probably planning on leaving early, but that family was the hold up from leaving early.

If a ship is scheduled for 3, no they won't wait for latecomers unless they are on a NCL excursion that has gotten delayed.

"If a ship is scheduled for 3, no they won't wait for latecomers unless they are on a NCL excursion that has gotten delayed."

This was definitely the case when we sailed to Bermuda back in April.

We had a balcony cabin overlooking the walkway to the ship so we thought it would be entertaining to see how many people were scrambling to get back to the ship before the doors closed. We were definitely entertained and so were most of the passengers in the other balcony cabins because I'd say about 75% of those balconies had someone watching just as we were lol. I almost kinda felt bad for some of the people running back to the ship because they had at least 100 people yelling down at them to run faster.

Most people made it back in the nick of time but we saw at least 2 groups running toward the ship once everything was sealed and the ropes were dropped. They made an announcement with about 10 different names and asked them to go to guest services so we assume those were the people that were left behind.

Most people made it back in the nick of time but we saw at least 2 groups running toward the ship once everything was sealed and the ropes were dropped. They made an announcement with about 10 different names and asked them to go to guest services so we assume those were the people that were left behind.

After reading some of the recent BA reviews, it's reassuring to know that the ship will be slightly less crowded on the way back to NYC. :D

A few years back aboard RCL Grandeur we were 20 minutes out of Bermuda, and then reversed all the way back to the dock yard to retrieve 3 people that missed the call. Can't imagine what that cost them! They got booed as they were boarding!! It was actually pretty funny. I thought. Dan