Questions re Silhouette

mountainmama

We are frequent cruisers with HAL & Princess. Thinking of trying Solstice to Alaska in Sept. Can you help us clarify some things?

1) Select Dining--Can we make reservations? How far in advance? How about a table for 2?

2)Can we purchase a bottle of scotch to drink in our room? (Room service or?)

3) What are our options to dine on Formal Nights if we don't want to dress formally?

4) Can we order room service dinner from the MDR menu?

Anything else you think might help us make our decision?

Thanks

As you can see I have my S's confused but I do mean Solstice

Edited by mountainmama
correct ship name

1) Yes, as soon as you book.

2) Yes, through the in-room bar set up. Search for that phrase on this forum and you'll find more information.

3) The buffet, or you can pay extra for a specialty restaurant. If you are in Aqua Class, you can eat in Blu (the Aqua restaurant) while still not dressing formally. This also applies to the Suite restaurant if you are in a Suite. You can also order MDR items via room service.

You can purchase the scotch ahead of time on your MY Celebrity. You generally get the bottle, a six pack of sodas and a bottle of peanuts.

Lunch and Dinner from the MDR are available through room service for all cabin categories. This must be done during the regular hours of the dining room. See your steward for a menu.

Edited by dkjretired

others have answered your questions well. If you do not want to dress formally, you can always eat at a Specialty restaurant for a fee as has been suggested. My choice would be the Lawn Club Grill for that. It is located on the top deck where the lawn is. Wonderful food. Silhouette is our favorite ship. Enjoy your cruise.

others have answered your questions well. If you do not want to dress formally, you can always eat at a Specialty restaurant for a fee as has been suggested. My choice would be the Lawn Club Grill for that. It is located on the top deck where the lawn is. Wonderful food. Silhouette is our favorite ship. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, probably the best steaks in the fleet.

Although, the OP is going on Solstice. Unfortunately, I do not believe there is a Lawn Club Grill; rather hot glass show area.

Welcome to Cruise Critic mountainmamma!

You’ll enjoy the Solstice. It’s a great ship with an outstanding crew!

If you do not want to get dressed up for formal night, I would recommend the Tuscan Grille. You may want to try blackened Angus ribeye steak! It’s simply amazing!