Confirmed : LIVE MUSIC coming back to Lido Deck

amberdc87

THANK YOU Carnival!!! for listening to those that support you!!

I totally agree. I sailed the Dream twice in recent years and missed the lido bands. I also found that the DJ on the Dream was extremely loud and played to much "club" music.

Thanks, Carnival for listening to your passengers. Now if we could get people to stop smoking on the balconies.

This is just an "after thought," if they cannot have the LIVE music on this ships, some of us who are musically inclined, may have to provide some LIVE music. :) This is just a thought ONLY at this time.:)

I would love this. My girlfriend and her drummer boyfriends were always a hit. As were the singing and musically talented uncles, my SO and his singing instrument playing friends. Sort of the ONLY reason I check out karaoke. Those hidden gems are hiding in there!

Someone had mentioned that it would be nice :) if people stopped smoking on the balconys. It would be nice if they could STOP smoking for the whole duration of the cruise, or have a "room" that they could go to for just smokers.

I'm sure I will get a lot of back lash on this, but as they say, second hand smoke is just as bad as someone smoking.

This is great news. This is a cruise- it definitely should have some live island music on the lido deck. Now if they play my classics, "She like the big bamboo"

and "Who put the pepper in the vaseline", it will be a hoot.

Does anyone know when this will be available on the Sensation?

Per John Heald page:

The sounds of the Caribbean are back and I thank the beards so much for listening to me and you and returning this live music to the Lido. We currently have brilliant Caribbean music on the:

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Ecstasy

Carnival Pride

In August we will add the Carnival Liberty, in September the Carnival Dream and by early next year most of the ships will have a Caribbean duos playing the music that truly sets the scene.

I am super excited about this. The music really sets the scene when sailing!

So glad to see this. Love the live music!

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic!!! This is one of the most positive threads Cruise Critic has had for a while so it shows it was MUCH wanted and needed! We won't get to hear it on the Victory this month :( but I will make sure I book my next cruise on a ship that has it. DJ's just don't do it for me during sail a way. There's a time and a place for them and that isn't it.