Nutella?

dakrewser

My 5 YO granddaughter, who'll be cruising for the first time this fall, asked if the chocolate-hazelnut spread (to which she is, evidently, addicted :) will be available on the cruise. Or, should she just pack a (very) large jar...

We have found it on the larger ships (Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam) that had larger Lido buffet areas with crepe stations. It was not available, much to the disappointment of my WIFE, when we were on Veendam two summers ago.

With that said, there were great differences among the staff in their techniques of making a Nutella crepe... but when there wasn't enough applied, there were also little individual plastic packets to satisfy the addiction.

This was my wife's splurge. She eats cereal almost every morning at home, but on a HAL cruise, she eats a Nutella crepe-- Sometimes with added fruit, sometimes with only Nutella.

One of our teenagers has the same cruise habit.

My 5 YO granddaughter, who'll be cruising for the first time this fall, asked if the chocolate-hazelnut spread (to which she is, evidently, addicted :) will be available on the cruise. Or, should she just pack a (very) large jar...

It's one of the items available on the breakfast menu card when you have breakfast delivered to your cabin. You can indicate how many little "pots" you want.

DW is addicted to it as well. We have been able to get it on all HAL ships since I can remember. We were on Prinsendam week before last and she asked for it in room service breakfast several mornings that we had early excursions. Never had a problem.

Sometimes I have seen a large jar sitting where the jam packets are with spoon next to it .. in May on Statendam, for instance, that was the case.

harry

There is another treat the "princess" might discover. Cute little boxes of chocolate sprinkles - Dutch kids put them on their toast. They are at the station where the little packs of jams and butters are.

I like Nutella but once tried Hersey brand and did not care for that. I was so surprised I didn't like it. Can't imagine why? :D

ha .. those of us that grew up Italian have always had a taste for this .. to us it is nectar of the gods ... now even my Scottish wife loves it.

There is only Nutella .. nothing else is close, so IMHO dont even bother ...

hope all is well ...

harry

I love chocolate and I love hazelnut, so fully expected to love Nutella. But I didn't like it at all and can't explain why. Maybe something about the consistency or feel of it? Can somebody else who felt the same way explain why. :(

Try putting a spoon of it in your coffee or hot chocolate.