Coolers?

TrpngBilly

I'm seeing comments from cruisers who bring coolers from home to have at the beaches in Bermuda? What on EARTH would that be used for since I'm under the impression that food & beverages can't be taken from the ship? Am I missing something here?

Never leave without the cooler

Use it in room... Fill it with ice put it in tub/shower for ice cold water, soda pop beers.... Whatever. Fridge isn't very cold

Take it off ship if we are having a beach day.

Took it to vibe with our left over beers in it.

Is there a lmit to cooler size? Wouldn't mind brining maybe a rolling one!

Do you have to put a tag on it or can you bring it riht on board? We are in a suite, could drop it off when we get on.

Can you have it with soda already in it when you board?

Sorry for the ?'s first time with NCL's and only 3rd cruise....

Thanks for any input!!!!

http://www.ncl.com/faq#can-i-bring-my-own-water-or-soda-onboard

Can I bring my own water or soda onboard?

Guests are allowed to bring water and soda on board in their original sealed containers. There is no set limit to this amount. We strongly recommend that you carry on the beverages. No coolers of any kind are allowed onboard the ships.

http://www.ncl.com/faq#what-to-bring

Unsealed food items will not be allowed onboard.

http://www.ncl.com/faq#can-i-bring-my-own-water-or-soda-onboard

Can I bring my own water or soda onboard?

Guests are allowed to bring water and soda on board in their original sealed containers. There is no set limit to this amount. We strongly recommend that you carry on the beverages. No coolers of any kind are allowed onboard the ships.

http://www.ncl.com/faq#what-to-bring

Unsealed food items will not be allowed onboard.

Whew! for a moment there I thought this was the Carnival board. :D :eek:

I just bought a cooler that you tote, not on wheels. Not to big. I was thinking of putting some cans of seltzer water inside and with a cabin tag attached, and give it to the porters. Will that work? I hate to lose the cooler as we are using it when we take a boat out in Bermuda. :)

Edited by janetz

Oh well guess I should not have checked it on my last 10 cruises!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There were coolers on our January GEM cruise, the new policy didn't go into affect until after that....right after Norwegian introduced the Water packages. ;)

I'm not sure if/how they are enforcing it. I don't think I've seen anyone come back here on CC to complain that their coolers were held until the end of the cruise.

Edited by Got Tequila?

I always put a luggage tag on my cooler and when it gets to my room I ask for ice and fill it Then when I use it for the port I roll it out and when we come back I just make sure that it is empty and I fold it up and put it thru for security. Never had a problem

We bring a small bag cooler, not a big plastic rolling cooler. Our soft cooler has never had a issue going thru in our luggage on any ship.

We throw a few drinks in there when we go ashore it works great. We might put a couple of boxes or cereal for snacks also but no real food items. We tend to stop and get mangos to enjoy on island at the beach but they can not be brought onboard so much be finished before we go thru security.