Deck 8 Norwegian Gem

My wife & I are looking into booking a Canada/New England cruise on September 17, 2016 on the Norwegian Gem. We are looking at an Oceanview cabin on Deck 8. With the restaurants, theater & nightclub on Deck 7, where is the best place to book a cabin in regards to noise coming from below? Any assistance anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My wife & I are looking into booking a Canada/New England cruise on September 17, 2016 on the Norwegian Gem. We are looking at an Oceanview cabin on Deck 8. With the restaurants, theater & nightclub on Deck 7, where is the best place to book a cabin in regards to noise coming from below? Any assistance anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Deck 8 is a little tricky. We were on the Gem a few years ago on a Bermuda cruise. We were in an inside on Deck 8, near the front over either the boutiques or the theater. No noise issues at all. So the Oceanview at the front or the obstructed ones in that area should be fine.

I would hesitate with the clubs near the back of the ship, as any noise there can last until 1 or 2 in the morning.

Frankly, I think those oceanview cabins on deck 8 could be a little noisy as they are directly above the Bliss Ultra Lounge and the bowling alley.

For your sailing there is a pretty wide selection of OF and OG ocean view cabins on deck 4. These are perfectly located because they are sandwiched above and below other cabin decks. Deck 4 is your best bet for a quiet ocean view cabin.

Jonathan